ProductionFull TimeAurora, ON
Creating less waste is our passion. Creating recycling programs that work is our purpose. From equipment to education, we can provide unique and innovative solutions that are able to change with our client’s needs. We are fully committed to practicing sustainability in all of our day-to-day operations and are looking for a Materials Handlers who feels the same to join our afternoon shift.
Plus, we offer a compensation structure like no other:
· Competitive wages and vacation time
· A comprehensive benefits package including RRSP matching
· Coaching and mentoring opportunities leading to real growth
· An unparalleled working environment and company culture
Based in Aurora and reporting to the Production Manager, the Materials Handler is responsible for a variety of duties, including: loading, unloading and moving products and materials to the designated locations in the warehouse, and assisting in picking and placing materials orders. The Materials Handler is also accountable for checking received orders and confirming that all inventory transactions are completed and documented.
- Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or equipment
- Use a forklift and other industrial equipment for unloading and moving products when needed
- May perform other activities such as assisting in taking inventory, cycle counting and weighing/checking materials
- Pick orders and prepare for shipping, including stacking, wrapping and skidding products
- Pick materials from warehouse for outbound orders, and ensure they are high quality materials being shipped
- Pick raw materials from warehouse for production cells based on production schedule
- Prepares all related paperwork and reports and maintains files.
- Participates in clean-up and maintenance
- Put away received materials to proper locations
- Confirm inventory transactions are complete
- Other duties as required
- Back up logistics (as required).
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Completion of high school or vocational equivalent
- Forklift License a must
- A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a related field
- Must be comfortable with current technology. Proficient in the following computer environments: Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, ERP systems
- Knowledge and understanding of inventory management and cycle counting
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Ability to use a manual and electric pallet truck
If joining a close knit team in a company -- where you are not just another employee number, but treated as an individual -- with competitive salaries and benefits as well as company social functions, appeals to you, then please submit your resume and personalized cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in our position! We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.