Accounts Receivable Clerk
FinanceFull TimeAurora, ON
Creating less waste is our passion. Creating recycling programs that work is our purpose. From equipment to education, we can provide unique and innovative solutions that are able to change with our client’s needs. We are fully committed to practicing sustainability in all of our day-to-day operations and are looking for a reliable Accounts Receivable Clerk who feels the same.
Plus, we offer a compensation structure like no other:
· Competitive wages
· A comprehensive benefits package including RRSP matching
· Coaching and mentoring opportunities leading to real growth
· An unparalleled working environment and company culture
Based in Aurora and reporting to the Financial Controller, the Accounts Receivable Clerk is primarily responsible for the collection of all incoming payments in a professional and courteous manner as well as providing administrative and back up support to the finance department.
· Accounts for all incoming payments.
· Prepares bank deposits daily and ensures deposits are made on a timely basis through RBC Express.
· Posts cash receipts daily and credit card payments; addresses discrepancies and files receipts.
· Follows-up on all outstanding/overdue accounts and ensures that calls/emails are done on a weekly basis with assistance of the sales dept.
· Issue invoices to customers daily for all shipments.
· Provides administrative support as required.
· Develops and maintains an efficient filing system.
· Completes all new customer set-up including W8/W9’s.
· Sets-up and maintains customer portals.
· Collaborates on general office projects as assigned.
· Provides backup Accounting duties including: matching invoices to purchase orders, posting accounts payable data, processing payments, preparing monthly bank reconciliations of all CAD/USD Bank/Credit card accounts
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- College diploma and/or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable
- Basic understanding of accounting principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and Word
- Experience with our ERP system (Seradex) would be a bonus!
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette skills
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
If joining a close knit team in a company -- where you are not just another employee number, but treated as an individual -- with competitive salaries and benefits as well as company social functions, appeals to you, then please submit your resume and personalized cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in our position! We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.