ProductionFull TimeAurora, ON
Creating less waste is our passion. Creating recycling programs that work is our purpose. From equipment to education, we can provide unique and innovative solutions that are able to change with our client’s needs. We are fully committed to practicing sustainability in all of our day-to-day operations and are looking for an energetic Production Supervisor for our afternoon shift who feels the same.
Plus, we offer a compensation structure like no other:
· Competitive wages
· A comprehensive benefits package including RRSP matching
· Coaching and mentoring opportunities leading to real growth
· An unparalleled working environment and company culture
Based in Aurora and reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Supervisor position is responsible for the supervision and leadership of all production employees on the afternoon shift through coaching, feedback and performance management. This includes overseeing the flow of production within the plant and analyzing and resolving any barriers to flow. The Production Supervisor is accountable for meeting or exceeding the production plan.
- Directs cell leaders in achieving the production output goals for each shift by maintaining production planning
- Administers company rules and policies in a fair and timely manner
- Executes the rotation and labour planning processes, and other elements.
- Monitors adherence to standardized work regularly and frequently.
- Promotes continuous improvement and cross training
- Ensures compliance with Health & Safety program and legislation.
- Maintains visual controls for processes and materials.
- Ensures all supplies, raw materials, tools, fixtures and jigs are available for the efficient operation of the production cell.
- Ensures operator preventative maintenance (daily/weekly/monthly) is completed and signed off by the operator, based on the requirements of the visual TPM board in the work cell.
- Provides Production Manager and Human Resources with feedback on employee’s performance and reports all disciplinary actions.
- Must perform assembly duties as required.
- Plans, directs and coordinates quality control measures
- Oversees proper management of work orders, labour tracking and production scheduling in ERP system
he successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- High school diploma or vocational equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the manufacturing industry with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to work cohesively with employees and managers as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal & written) and telephone etiquette skills
- Ability to work under pressure with simultaneous deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including the ability to create and maintain reports in Excel
If joining a close knit team in a company -- where you are not just another employee number, but treated as an individual -- with competitive salaries and benefits as well as company social functions, appeals to you, then please submit your resume and personalized cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in our position! We are committed to providing equal opportunities for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available at all stages of the recruitment process, at the candidate’s request.