Senior Water Resources Project Analyst
Wet Weather Flow ReductionFull TimeVaughan, ON
Civica Infrastructure Inc. (Civica) is a municipal water resources engineering consulting company located in Vaughan, Ontario. We provide consulting services to both private and public sectors for storm and sanitary sewer capacity assessment and optimization. We are looking for a Senior Water Resources Project Analyst to join our company!
We have a caring, growth, and performance culture.
At Civica, we are a team of high-performance individuals. Above all, we seek to grow with like-minded people who will be a great fit. Join us if you share our core values:
Clients: Our client’s success is our success
People: Treating others with dignity and honor is how we value people
Dependability: We own our impact and have each other’s back
Solutions: Converting issues, obstacles and complaints into solutions is what we do.
Innovation: We work smart and continually improve who we are and how we work.
Purpose and Scope:
The Water Resources Senior Analyst is responsible for leading in various water resources projects and providing guidance to the project team for completing tasks associated with storm drainage and stormwater management systems in support of a wide variety of projects in both the private and public sectors. Assignments could include storm drainage and stormwater management for development projects, along with a variety of municipal assignments, including watershed plans, sub-watershed plans, master plans, master drainage studies, functional servicing studies, floodplain delineation/management analyses. The Senior Project Analyst duties include assigning & reviewing tasks to the project team while monitoring project progress, leading design & modelling assignments, engaging with clients & approval agencies, report review & preparation, and communicating project information to Project Managers.
- Task leadership on storm drainage and stormwater management systems related projects and/or tasks, ensuring completion of work on-time and on-budget.
- Serving as a technical resource during liaison with landowners, municipal/agency staff, private sector clients, and other stakeholders.
- Writing/reviewing technical reports and design briefs to document analyses.
- Responsibility for the quality of written, technical, and graphic work completed by Project Analysts.
- Oversee/review the development of surface drainage, sewer collection, hydrologic/hydraulic models to assess performance, investigate deficiencies and generate/evaluate feasible remedial solutions.
- Plan, commission, manage, undertake field investigations in support of hydrologic/hydraulic model builds and conceptual/functional designs.
- Manage, analyze, and interpret large geospatial data sets, including design and application of data bases, queries, and programming scripts to support studies and design projects.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed stormwater master plans, master drainage studies, functional servicing reports, watershed studies for storm drainage and stormwater management system projects for both small and large watersheds.
- Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids.
- Prepare preliminary and detailed designs associated with new and/or the rehabilitation of existing stormwater management facilities.
- Prepare contract specifications, tender documents and cost estimates.
- Prepare agencies applications for approvals and coordinate with approval agencies.
- Contribute to proposal development work as directed by the Business Unit Leader.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Normal working hours in an office environment. May be required to deal with difficult clients, homeowners, or contractors. Will likely deal under tight deadlines and may be required to work overtime to meet deadlines.
- Degree in Civil or Water Resources Engineering
- 3-5 years of water resources experience in Ontario
- Sound understanding of storm drainage, stormwater management systems, environmental related principles, and engineering concepts, including hydraulics and hydrology.
- Strong working knowledge of Visual OTTHYMO (VO), SWMSoft, PC SWMM, ArcGIS, Infoworks, HECRAS, AutoCAD.
- Excellent written and oral communication to provide support on studies and technical reports, proposals, conference presentations, and with client relations.
- Knowledge of water resources best practices and policies in Ontario.
- Highly skilled in common desktop packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, Project, etc.).
- Commitment to client satisfaction and the delivery of high-quality work products
- Organized and self-motivated individual with initiative and attention to detail.
- Capacity to effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced consulting environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
CIVICA is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workplace that reflects the community in which we operate and serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Codeand Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of our recruitment process by emailing us.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. No agencies.