Direct FundingFull TimeToronto, ON
CILT operates on the philosophy of the Independent Living movement which was developed in response to traditional rehabilitation services models. CILT's aim is to develop and implement dignified social services that empower individuals rather than create dependencies. We encourage people with disabilities to take control of their own lives by exercising their right to examine options, make choices, take risks and even make mistakes.
Our Self-Managed Attendant Services; Direct Funding (DF) Program (www.dfontario.ca), is a unique program which enables eligible participants to employ and schedule attendants of their choosing, with the support of government funds. CILT administers the funds under guidelines established by the provincial Ministry of Health.
We are seeking two Community Facilitators to provide support and information to participants (Self-Managers) on the DF program.
Reporting to the DF Provincial Program Coordinator, you will:
1. Provide support and information to new & existing Self-Managers on the DF Program
- Educate and train Self-Managers, especially around matters of employment legislation and financial responsibility/accountability
- Review & amend individual budget parameters with Self-Managers & correspond with administrative centres
- Correspond in writing with Self-Managers on issues relating to program agreement and policy
- Review Self-Manager agreements (incoming and outgoing) to ensure all required documents are complete
- Work with approved applicants to help them start on the program
2. Participate as an active member of the broader DF team
- Communicate with other team members regularly to ensure consistent adherence to program policies and procedures
- Work with other partner Independent Living Resource Centres in Ontario on specific projects as they arise
- Participate in program team activities related to the overall smooth operation of the DF program
- Report significant or unusual information encountered in day-to-day activities to the Provincial Program Coordinator and/or Financial Assurance Manager (e.g., community needs, government cutbacks, emergency situations or situations which may have legal consequences for the agency)
- Work with the Provincial Program Coordinator & Financial Assurance Manager and provide information to other ILRCs as appropriate
- Generate necessary reports/statistics
3. Conduct outreach
- Coordinate with other organizations to promote the program through events and workshops
- Generate resources for Self-Managers including reviewing DF Website content to update/edit where appropriate
- Generate content for newsletters and other media to update and inform participants about items of interest and issues, as they arise
4. Participate in DF applicant & Self-Manager interviews
- Act as part of a three-person panel to determine eligibility of applicants and Self-Managers
- Post-secondary diploma/degree and/or minimum 3-4 years of experience serving program beneficiaries in the social services, not-for-profit, or related sector
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Diplomatic, empathetic and tactful
- Some knowledge of issues relating to personnel management, staff supervision and provincial employment standards
- Computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel and Access)
- Able to plan, organize & chair workshops on a variety of topics
- Able to manage data, present information (written and verbal) and generate correspondence in a clear and concise manner
- Familiar with the Independent Living philosophy
- Some knowledge of payroll and related financial issues and guidelines
- Knowledge of broader disability issues would be an asset
- Experience directing attendants would be an asset
Location: CILT’s Toronto office, however we are currently working remotely
Please submit a cover letter and resume by January 28, 2022 - please apply early as applications will be processed as they are received.
CILT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with lived experience of disability and other equity-seeking groups.
CILT is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.
CILT's Operational Policies and Procedures, including our COVID-19 Immunization Policy, which is available on our website, are a condition of employment.