Bookkeeping Report Reviewer
Direct FundingFull TimeToronto, ON
The Centre for Independent Living (CILT) is a non-profit, community-based resource organization run by people with disabilities, for people with disabilities. We operate on the philosophy of the Independent Living Movement which affirms the right of persons with disabilities to control their own lives and live independently.
Our Self-Managed Attendant Services; Direct Funding Program, is a unique program which enables eligible participants to employ and schedule attendants of their choosing, with the support of government funds. CILT administers the funds under guidelines established by the provincial Ministry of Health.
Our Direct Funding Finance Team is seeking a Bookkeeping Report Reviewer to:
- Participate in program team activities related to the overall smooth operation of the Direct Funding program.
- Communicate with team members ensuring adherence to program policies and procedures; responding quickly to inquiries.
- Review necessary documents ensuring contract compliance.
- Review Self-Managers' financial, payroll and employment records and related documents for accuracy/adherence to budgets and contracts.
- In-depth investigations of financial and/or employment irregularities, providing concise written summaries of findings.
- Contact/correspond with self-managers, their employees, and others as approved, to gather and review investigation-related information.
- Monitor cash flow for program participants.
- Review and close files as required.
- Prepare cheque requisitions and/or deposits from the program, as required.
- Generate provincial reports/statistics.
- Remain current on new developments in payroll, financial administration and auditing, and communicate any necessary information to program staff.
- Report significant or unusual information encountered in day-to-day activities to the Financial Assurance Coordinator and/or senior finance team staff.
- Performs other duties as required in the area of accounting/auditing/administrative support as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Formal training or related experience in business administration, payroll, accounting, auditing, record and/or office management.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma.
- Experience using manual or electronic bookkeeping systems is required.
- Thorough knowledge of payroll and related financial issues and guidelines.
- Knowledge of issues relating to personnel management, staff supervision and employment standards.
- Initiative and the ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills with good working knowledge of MS Office – Word, Excel and MS Access.
- Ability to manage data, present information (written and verbal) and generate correspondence in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of attendant services and disability issues would be an asset.
Location: CILT’s Toronto office, however we are currently working remotely
Please submit a cover letter and resume by May 19, 2021.
CILT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with lived experience with disabilities.
CILT is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.