Review & Audit Advisor
Direct FundingFull TimeToronto, ON
The Centre for Independent Living (CILT) is a non-profit, community-based resource organization run by people with disabilities, for people with disabilities. We operate on the philosophy of the Independent Living Movement which affirms the right of persons with disabilities to control their own lives and live independently.
Our Self-Managed Attendant Services; Direct Funding Program, is a unique program which enables eligible participants to employ and schedule attendants of their choosing, with the support of government funds. CILT administers the funds under guidelines established by the provincial Ministry of Health.
Our Direct Funding Finance Team is seeking a Review & Audit Advisor to:
- Participate in program team activities related to the overall smooth operation of the Direct Funding program.
- Communicate/correspond with other team members regularly to ensure consistent adherence to program policies and procedures.
- Review Self-Managers' financial, payroll and employment records and related documents for contract compliance.
- Check participants' financial reports for accuracy/adherence to budgets, and resolve general differences with the individuals; report significant irregularities to DF Financial Assurance Manager or designate.
- In-depth investigations of financial and/or employment irregularities, providing concise written summaries of findings.
- Contact/correspond with self-managers & any other parties (employees, bookkeeper, government agencies) to gather and review audit/investigation-related information.
- Monitor cash flow for program participants.
- Prepare cheque requisitions and/or deposits to and from the program, as required.
- Review and close files for exited participants.
- Gather and summarize statistics from all ILRCs involved in the Direct Funding Program, (including CILT regular statistics).
- Assist in education and training of Self-Managers, especially around financial, employment and contractual issues.
- Remain current on new developments in payroll, financial administration and auditing, and communicate any necessary information to Self-Managers and program staff.
- Report significant or unusual information encountered in day-to-day activities to the DF Financial Assurance Manager and/or Program Manager.
- Other duties as required in the area of accounting/auditing/administrative support for the DF program as reasonably assigned by the DF Financial Assurance Manager and/or DF Program Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to work co-operatively in a team.
- Excellent communication and writing skills; ability to write formal/legal letters
- Formal training or related experience in business administration, bookkeeping, payroll, accounting, auditing, record and/or office management.
- Thorough knowledge of payroll and related financial issues and guidelines.
- Knowledge of issues relating to personnel management, staff supervision and employment standards.
- Demonstrated computer skills with Microsoft Excel & Word. Experience in MS Access would be an asset.
- Ability to manage data, present information (written and verbal) and generate reports in a clear and concise manner.
- Knowledge of attendant services and disability issues would be an asset.
- Education/experience: post-secondary degree or diploma (minimum).
Location: CILT’s Toronto office, however we are currently working remotely
Please submit a cover letter and resume by May 12, 2021.
CILT is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people with lived experience with disabilities.
CILT is committed to providing accommodations in our hiring process for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please inform us in advance and we will work with you to meet your needs.