Director of Finance - Remote Position - North America
AdministrationFull TimeSydney, NS
Director of Finance
We’re currently searching for an experienced and driven individual to join our team in the role of Director of Finance.
Working closely and partnering with all members of the leadership team as well as the Board; the Director of Finance will oversee all financial matters related to the company while providing an analytical focus to the assessment of new product, customer/partner and strategic value-creation initiatives.
Together with the Leadership Team, the Director of Finance will leverage a strong reputation of entrepreneurialism, balanced with an eye for scalability, stability and sustainability in the journey to exceptional results and value creation.
Responsibilities are but are not limited to:
- Create long-range plans, and assess and adjust the financial requirements in these plans over time;
- Maintain lines of communication with investors, bookkeepers and accountants;
- Identify and address with the CEO and Leadership Team value creation levers and risks;
- Effectively manage, deploy and conserve the company’s capital in accordance with the strategic plan;
- Manage investor relations, financial partners and strategic advisors; and,
- Work closely with all stakeholders on strategic opportunities, including fundraising and M&A activity.
Planning & Operations
- Work with the CEO in formulating the company’s future direction, strategic plan and supporting tactical initiatives and operational plans, including the annual budget, the annual capital plan and the annual incentive plans for the leadership team;
- Monitor and direct the implementation of operational business plans from a financial and metrics perspective;
- Work with financial advisors to develop tax strategies and manage the overall tax planning activities of the company;
- Develop performance measures and metrics that support the company’s strategic direction;
- Partner with the sales team to ensure that customer contracts have business terms favorable to the company (both in terms of revenue and strategic value); and,
- Provide guidance to the leadership team in effective financial planning and monitoring of departmental spending and budgeting;
- Effectively manage the balance sheet, including AR, AP, debt, and cash flow;
Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Oversee the development of financial models and scenario plans to support future business growth; and
- Report financial and operational results, including KPIs along with qualitative analysis to the CEO, Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
Working at Carbide
Carbide is a fully remote organization that appreciates the quality of life benefits of working from home. We have flexible working hours, as well as allotted vacation and health maintenance time. Team members enjoy comprehensive healthcare benefits, fully-funded professional development opportunities, and memberships to professional organizations.
To embed security and privacy into the DNA of all organizations
We help organizations understand, navigate, embrace, and exceed the security & privacy expectations of their customers by helping them embed security and privacy best practices into their DNA.
By simplifying those best practices so that they’re easier to understand, implement, and sustain, Carbide aims to make enterprise-class security accessible to fast-growing organizations.
Education, qualification and Experience Requirements
- An accounting designation and/or Master's degree in Accounting or Business Administration/Commerce, or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience;
- Experience in a financial leadership role within a fast-growth technology company;
- Multiple years experience in SaaS/recurring revenue businesses
- Knowledge and experience of Canadian and US accounting practices
- Proven ability to identify paths to increased shareholder value and assist in leading a company to that end;
- Track-record of scaling revenues from $2M to $10M ARR;
- A problem solver with a strong background in financial planning and analysis with superior negotiating skills;
- Experience working with institutional investors, including demonstrated successful outcomes with such investors;
- Experience completing acquisitions, including due diligence, negotiation and integration is preferred;
- Strong legal and contractual competence and an instinct for when outside expertise will add value;
- A reputation for deeply understanding all areas of the business and a passion for making a positive impact across the board;
- A high level of written and oral communication skills;
- Experience at a private company, including working with strong external board members;
- Demonstrated leadership skills, as a player/coach who inspires confidence and trust and motivates teams to reach new heights
Ready to see if this role is a fit for you?
To apply, please click the “Apply Now” button to share your resume (.pdf), Linkedin profile and any additional relevant information with our team. We’ll then review your application and get in touch with the next steps.