Sr Software Developer (Remote)
DevelopmentFull TimeSydney, NS
We are currently searching for Software Developers to join our rapidly growing team.
In this role, you will join a solid team that’s highly focused on new feature development for our Information Security Management Platform. You will work closely with other engineers, as well as our product leaders and security experts. Our stack includes Ruby, RSpec, PostgreSQL, AWS, TailwindCSS, Stimulus, TypeScript, Haml and more.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with the team to research, design and code creative solutions that improve the effectiveness of our platform
- Develop backend services, systems automation and build complex analysis and system administration frontends
- Adhere to secure software development principles
- Perform requirement gathering, business and systems analysis, and project planning
- Experience using our tools: Jira, Confluence, Slack, FullStory, HubSpot, Zendesk, macOS to go, Linux to show, GitHub, and more
- Ruby on Rails 7.0
- Ruby 3.0
- RSpec 3.11
- PostgreSQL 13
- AWS, including EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, ElastiCache, Security Hub, etc.
- TailwindCSS 3.0
- TypeScript 4.7
- Stimulus 3.1
- Merge.dev for integrations
Our work environment
At Carbide, you will find an open and supportive environment that values work/life balance and respects different perspectives and experiences. People with a desire to help other people and deliver results thrive in our organization.
Our mission is to provide organizations with the technology, structure, and guidance to ingrain privacy and security by design. We enable organizations to be transparent and build trust from formation through all stages of growth.
Working at Carbide
Carbide is a fully remote organization that appreciates the quality of life benefits of working from home. We have flexible working hours, as well as allotted vacation and health maintenance time. Team members enjoy comprehensive healthcare benefits, fully-funded professional development opportunities, and memberships to professional organizations. We work hard to put processes into place to help ensure our developers aren’t on call 24-7, aren’t working on weekends or pulling insane amounts of overtime. We have rarely had to ask for developers to do overtime during a crunch, or to pull out the stops on weekends. We very rarely need to respond to late-night emergencies.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Innovative and Creative Mindset
- A curiosity that leads to self-driven continuous learning
- Ability to work remotely without direct supervision
- Highly adaptable to a fast-paced hyper-growth company
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Understanding of common software project management practices.
Education and Experience Requirements
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Bachelor's/College Degree, Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- Experience leading or working on development projects from concept to production
Ready to see if this role is a fit for you?
To apply, please click the “Apply Now” button to share your resume (.pdf), Linkedin profile and any additional relevant information with our team. We’ll then review your application and get in touch with the next steps.