Head of Security and Privacy Content
AdministrationFull TimeRemote Eastern/Atlantic Time Zones/Canada
Head of Security & Privacy Innovation
We are searching for an experienced and driven individual to join our team as Head of Security & Privacy Innovation.
In this role, you will lead our policy team as they work to develop multi-dimensional policy solutions that exceed the needs of our high-growth customers. You will collaborate with our product development and customer success teams to ensure that our security and privacy-focused content stays on the leading edge and provides our customers with the guidance they need to embed security and privacy into their organizations and products.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading initiatives to innovate how we deliver content in our multi-channel approach to security and privacy guidance. Your work will guide our security and privacy content and process innovation teams to expand and refine our products and services.
- Striving to provide meaningful thought leadership related to governance, controls, risk analysis, and overall organizational awareness
- Leading initiatives to keep platform content up-to-date by merging new content with our existing security practices, policies and guidance materials.
- Analyzing customer requests and customer success requirements to develop and update content and processes to meet evolving needs.
- Ensuring security controls are understood and relevant to our target customers.
- Analyzing gaps, adding and mapping additional information security standards and frameworks and privacy regulations into the product.
- Collaborating with the product and user experience teams to drive process and platform innovation.
Our work environment
At Securicy, you will find an open and supportive environment that values work/life balance and respects different perspectives and experiences. People with a desire to help other people and deliver results thrive in our organization.
Our mission is to provide organizations with the technology, structure, and guidance to ingrain privacy and security by design. We enable organizations to be transparent and build trust from formation through all stages of growth.
Work Hours & Benefits
Securicy is a fully remote organization that appreciates the quality of life benefits of working from home. We have flexible working hours, as well as allotted vacation and health maintenance time. Team members enjoy comprehensive healthcare benefits, fully-funded professional development opportunities, and memberships to professional organizations.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
- Innovative and creative mindset
- Ability to distill complex security standards and privacy laws into practical guidelines for day-to-day use
- Proven ability to achieve successful outcomes while being constrained by limited time and resources.
- A curiosity that leads to self-driven continuous learning
- Ability to operate effectively in the lean and fast-paced work environment of start-ups
- Strong technical and business writing skills, including writing content that is accessible to layman readers.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5-10 years of experience in a security or data privacy-oriented leadership role
- Multi-team management experience
- Significant and demonstrable policy experience built on a foundation of deep domain expertise.
- Experience implementing security and privacy controls in fast-moving, complex technology environments.
- Deep domain expertise in common security standards such as ISO 27001, SOC2, and NIST
- Strong understanding of common data privacy laws such as CCPA, GDPR and PIPEDA
- Experience working with SaaS companies
Ready to see if this role is a fit for you?
To apply, please click the “Apply Now” button to share your resume (.pdf), Linkedin profile and any additional relevant information with our team. We’ll then review your application and get in touch with the next steps.