Director of Business Development
SalesFull TimeToronto, ON
We are looking for a talented Director of Business Development to join the Capitalize for Kids team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in sales and relationship management. The Director is primarily responsible for managing relationships with board members, existing partners, organizational stakeholders, and driving revenue through the Capitalize for Kids Conference (securing speakers, selling partnerships, tables and conference tickets), the Bay Street Games (onboarding teams, and building partnerships), and traditional fundraising.
As a key funding pillar, responsibilities around the Capitalize for Kids Conference includes, but are not limited to, building the agenda, sourcing speakers, facilitating capital introductions in advance of the event, liasing with the event management team and managing the conference committee.
Building strong and meaningful relationships across a cross-section of capital markets and institutional investors (pension plans, family offices, UHNWI, hedge funds, asset managers, etc.) will be an integral part of this role.
- The Capitalize for Kids Investors Conference is one of North America’s most prominent and well-regarded institutional investment conferences. In this role, the Director will be tasked with the success of the conference, which has generated $1.5M+ in each of the last 3 years.
- The Bay Street Games is a unique fitness competition for firms on Bay Street. Co-Ed teams of six compete in a variety of fitness events for the title of “Bay Street’s Fittest Firm”. In this role, the Director will be tasked with the success of the event, targeted to raise $250K in 2019.
- Traditional fundraising is growing in the overall revenue mix. Building strong relationships with existing and prospective donors and understanding where Capitalize for Kids fits into their philanthropic priorities in order to unlock incremental capital for the organization.
- Deepen existing relationships with all existing Capitalize for Kids stakeholders
- Building new relationships with prospective stakeholders.
- Help maintain a robust database/tracking system (CRM) for Capitalize for Kids to improve shared communication and monitor/optimize deal generation activity.
Qualifications & Skills
- 2+ years of work experience in financial services sector.
- Strong communications skills across all mediums.
- A proven ability to be resourceful and persistent in building relationships and closing deals.
- Self-starter with a resilient attitude.
- Ability to take ownership of work, and be accountable to achieve results.
- A natural connector who is always thinking about adding value to others.
- A collaborative, team player who goes the extra mile for his/her teammates.
- Tremendous integrity, professionalism, work ethic, and always doing the right thing.
- Passion for social impact & philanthropy.
- Energized by engaging with new people.
- An interest in finance and investments.
Interested candidates can apply through this platform. If you have any questions contact Quentin Broad, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.