Community Development Manager
MarketingFull TimeToronto, ON
Capitalize for Kids runs lean with a team of high calibre professionals with backgrounds in finance, non-profits, management consulting and marketing. Every member of the team carries an interdisciplinary workload and wears many hats each day.
The Community Development Manager will take ownership of all engagement, fundraising, and stewardship activities related to community level giving. This role is all about building our community, engaging them in our cause, soliciting donations, and reporting back the impact of their gifts.
Our organization maintains a strong network, great events, and a unique impact program. Being successful in this role means bringing all of those things together to create real and sustainable growth.
About Capitalize for Kids
Capitalize for Kids engages the financial services community to invest in kids’ mental health. We provide strategic support to youth mental health service providers to expand the capacity of their services. Our charitable work is made possible by hosting Canada’s top Investors Conference, running a student investing competition and recruiting teams for our newest event – The Bay Street Games.
- Manage and create online community fundraising appeals.
- Develop new fundraising initiatives and opportunities.
- Ensure the effective stewardship of all community level donors.
- Help drive more donations from our existing events like the Investors Conference.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and the Events Manager to ensure the success of all peer-to-peer campaigns
- Develop and Execute a Fundraising Strategy for the Bay Street Games and Student Challenge
- Produce Digital Appeals and Stewardship Pieces
- Provide donor and fundraiser support throughout the events
Social Media Management
- Effectively manage all of our social media channels
- Create new content that engages our community in our cause and our events
- Highlight relevant articles and stories to show our thought leadership in the space
- Develop social media campaigns to increase followers counts and improve levels of engagement
Qualifications and Skills
- 1-3 years proven experience as a fundraiser
- Degree or certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution in fundraising preferred
- Excellent Writer with experience creating fundraising appeals
- Experience managing social media channels on a variety of platforms
- MS Office proficiency, WordPress, and Classy or similar web-based fundraising systems.
- Excellent time management and communication skills which demonstrate the ability to draft clear, concise specifications, documentation and reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate at all levels of an organization, both internally and externally, and ability to build productive business relationships.
- Effective negotiating and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Knowledge of mental health landscape and financial services is a strong asset
Salary: $35,000 - $50,000 (based on experience) plus variable bonus and health and dental benefits
Contact: Quentin Broad, Managing Director (Quentin@capitalizeforkids.com)
Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume and any other supplementary material you think we should see through this portal.