CorporateFull TimeToronto, ON
Capitalize for Kids: Consultant
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Position Title: Impact Consultant
Location of Work: Toronto
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Contact: Jason Pun (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ABOUT CAPITALIZE FOR KIDS
The Problem: Wait lists for mental health services are getting longer and are not being matched by new funding into the mental health system. As a result, we’re left with a challenging question; how do mental health service providers help more kids with the funding they have?
Our Solution: We provide pro-bono consulting services through our internal team of consultants to build capacity for child and youth mental health service providers. On some projects, we are also supported by top-tier consulting firms including Bain, Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey, MNP, Pemeco Consulting, RBC and Sia Partners. Our beneficiaries have included Kids Help Phone, Strides Toronto, The George Hull Centre for Children and Families, EveryMind, Yorktown Family Services, and many other organizations.
There is so much demand for these consulting services that we are expanding our team to take on more and bigger projects. That's where you come in. We're looking for a rock star consultant with experience helping organizations develop and implement new capacity building solutions. In our case, that expertise will be deployed for the benefit of child and youth mental health service providers across Canada. We believe that bringing business discipline and a unique perspective is a foundational requirement to getting the most out of the solutions that we provide.
Capitalize for Kids is looking for a talented Consultant with management consulting work experience, ideally in the health care sector. The successful applicant will work across internal business functions and external client projects. The Consultant will be tasked with developing and implementing new capacity building solutions for kids’mental health service providers across Canada.
Every member of the Capitalize for Kids team carries an interdisciplinary workload and wears many hats each day. The Consultant will be responsible for leading and supporting across every component of our Capitalize for Kids Consulting program, inclusive of identifying project opportunities, leading projects, managing other project team members, designing solutions, implementation, and ongoing reporting and knowledge dissemination.
It is expected that the Consultant will be able to build deep relationships with mental health service providers, consulting partners, foundations and healthcare infrastructure vendors across Canada. They are also expected to play a contributing role in strengthening the reputation of Capitalize for Kids’ brand and growing our presence within the mental health community.
· Provide consultative guidance to kids’ mental health management teams
· Develop conceptual operational models to improve processes and add strategic value to our beneficiaries
· Develop data-driven and other operational strategies and solutions for capacity building opportunities alongside pro-bono consulting partners
· Lead the implementation of capacity building solutions through ongoing project and change management support
· Facilitate workshops and other sessions with executive teams to identify project opportunities, design solutions, and plan implementation
· Identify potential beneficiary, consulting, and technology partnerships to expand our impact portfolio
· Measure, report, and disseminate solution outcomes and learnings to our beneficiaries and stakeholders
· Support initiatives that scale our consulting program and overall organization
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
· Client-facing experience (5 years or more) as a management consultant
· Ability to take a business or operational challenge and develop a project approach and plan to solve the problem
· Proven ability to lead large and diverse stakeholders through complex discussions, and build credibility with new clients quickly
· Experience facilitating current state process discussions and future state design sessions
· Ability to document current state and future state process maps
· Proven ability to distill complex challenges down to root issues and manageable projects
· Knowledge of change management methodologies integral to successful engagements
· Strong understanding of analytics and data science
· Keen eye for detail
· Proactive, self-sufficient, positive attitude
· Proficient in Excel with proven expertise in analyzing data
· Proficient in PowerPoint with proven ability to deliver structured and compelling presentations
· Proven ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
· Knowledge of security and privacy considerations for healthcare sector considerations an asset
· Ability to take ownership of work and be accountable to achieve results
· Passion for social impact and philanthropy
· Experience consulting for healthcare non-profits considered an asset
WHAT IT’S LIKE WORKING AT CAPITALIZE FOR KIDS
Capitalize for Kids invests in top talent individuals who are motivated to drive meaningful impact. We’re very proud to employ a dynamic team with accomplished and unique professional and academic backgrounds who love working, learning, and laughing together every day. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with professionals who joined Capitalize for Kids from consulting, financial services, technology, business development, event management, non-profit, and academia experiences. Each team member brings a valuable perspective to the table and has been an enabler of Capitalize for Kids’ growth to date. Meet the team by checking out our website through this link.
Our office is located at 120 Adelaide St. E. just steps away from King St. subway station and the Financial District. We work in an open concept office that is ideal for team collaboration and camaraderie. During COVID, we had been operating in a fully-remote cloud-based manner, but we have returned to our physical location on a hybrid basis.
A Day in the Life
It’s cliché, but incredibly true – no two days are alike. By the nature of the work we do, our days vary dramatically depending on the projects we’re working on and where in the process we are. Project planning, process mapping, facilitating workshops, developing work product, data management, business intelligence, analytics, and project delivery across advisory and technical delivery engagements could be the order of the day. You are always at the ready to examine data, processes, and technologies to evaluate the current state and critical problems for both internal business functions and external beneficiary projects. Your expertise will be used to research and make recommendations about training, equipment, and technology to improve operations. Create automated data reports to inform our business, including documentation, toolkits, and create FAQ guides where appropriate. Some weeks we’ll be heavily focused on identifying capacity opportunities with a beneficiary in their office, while other weeks we’ll be working closely with a pro bono consulting partner designing solutions. Other days are spent with our headphones plugged in, cramming through data analysis and sector research. If you’re someone who loves variability in your work and enjoys solving tough problems, then Capitalize for Kids is the perfect fit.
To Apply: Please forward a current resume with a cover letter detailing how your qualifications match this opportunity to email@example.com. Please include your cover letter and resume in one single document and use the subject line "Impact Consultant 2022”. We will be accepting applications until January 6th, 2023. We thank all candidates for their interest in working with Capitalize for Kids, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Capitalize for Kids! We look forward to reviewing your application.