Communications, Marketing and Social Media Coordinator
MarketingFull TimeToronto, ON
If you are looking to make a real difference in the lives of children and their families seeking support for mental health challenges, then you have found the right place. Capitalize for Kids works with kids’ mental health agencies across the country to help them build capacity to see more kids when and where they require support. We are trying to make waitlists at these organizations a thing of the past.
Are you a collaborative content producer with experience in web and social media? We’re searching for a Communications, Marketing and Social Media Coordinator to join our young and dynamic team. In this role you would be responsible for making our story sing, supporting our team and beneficiaries in developing our narrative, managing and growing our social media presence through effective design, development and creation of social media content. Working with our impact consulting team, you would also develop marketing assets for all impact projects and support the community development team when it comes to fundraising and event communication. Daunting yes, but not if you bring high energy, strong desire to create impact, unrelenting attention to detail and a desire to deliver just the right message to the right audience at the right time in print and video.
Of course, with all this hard work we also like to play a little, so you will find a edgy office in a brick and beam office building, some name that tune / karaoke Fridays with refreshments, breakfast and lunch learning sessions, dinner party celebrations post our big events, philanthropic soccer tournaments and bell ringing whenever we create a big win for the organization.
Does the above resonate with you? As the Communications, Marketing and Social Media Coordinator, you would have the opportunity to make an impact by:
- Developing clear, compelling and effective digital design content for both online and offline channels (web/digital, newsletters, online banners, information sheets, presentations, brochures, posters, interactive PDFs, video, print and digital ads, etc.) to engage key target audiences
- Assisting in the design, creation and updating of event web pages and campaign landing pages, working closely with internal stakeholders and content managers to ensure a consistent, optimized experience
- Take Ownership of all Capitalize for Kids’ social media properties (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), writing compelling social media content and where appropriate implementing Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram advertising and boosting campaigns
- Developing and evolving a social media strategy to increase engagement rates, likes and followers with the goal of expanding Capitalize for Kids’ digital footprint and converting traffic into leads, donors and advocates for Capitalize for Kids.
- Developing monthly lineups of social media posts and ad content for all channels with understanding of best practices around platforms, limitations around content use and appropriate audience engagement.
- Collaborating with program and event leads to design and implement content plans related to the Investors Conference, Bay Street Games and other events/campaigns, becoming a trusted advisor providing best-practice guidelines and content strategies to shape and define content needs requirements
- Preparing campaign trend reports, year-over-year analytics and weekly/monthly reports
- Solving usability and navigation issues and improve user experience and engagement
Does this sound like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for? If you bring the following qualifications, we’d love to hear from you!
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a digital marketing role, in a digital-focused company, agency or non-profit organization
- A bachelor’s degree or diploma with emphasis on Graphic Design, Marketing, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- Experience writing, editing and proofreading communications materials, with demonstrated understanding of social media – You take ownership of your work
- Working knowledge of marketing and graphic design principles and execution
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to uncover actionable insights
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working with CMS systems such as Wordpress,
- HTML – Moderate to high level of skill/experience
- SEM and SEO, PPC (pay per click) advertising experience would be an asset
- Computer proficiency in PC environments with Adobe Creative Suite CS6 (including Illustrator (advanced), InDesign (intermediate), Photoshop (advanced), and the Microsoft Office Suite (intermediate)
- Understanding of technical constraints of print and web
- Ability to think creatively and critically
- Demonstrated project management experience, including the ability to liaise with internal stakeholders, vendors, determine priorities, manage workflow and deliver quality product on time
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment
- Collaborative, driven and an energetic team player
- Knowledge of French language is an asset
- Some experience in the financial services industry is also an asset
Why choose Capitalize for Kids?
We offer a competitive compensation package including (employer paid) group benefits, paid annual vacation + closed between Christmas day and New Year’s day, professional development and flexible working arrangements. We also offer a dynamic and positive working environment built on the core values of Collaboration, Respect, Understanding and Integrity; Perseverance; Risk Taking and Entrepreneurship; and Efficiency, Effectiveness and Accountability.
The right candidate is a self-starter who works well independently and in a group. They are also highly organized and results-driven.
Only those interested candidates who provide a cover letter that captures the following will be considered for the position. Please provide an integrated PDF of your cover letter and resume.
1) We're always looking for great innovative people to help grow our impact in the not-for-profit space. Two things:
a. Why do you want to work for a not-for-profit?
b. If we hired you, what are the three areas in our organization that you think need the most attention from a marketing or social media perspective, or three ideas that you feel could help grow our revenues. Explain in detail how you would do this if we hired you.
2) What is your vision of Social Media and how do you see it changing the business world of today and tomorrow in relation to the work of Capitalize for Kids and how can it be leveraged to enhance our operations.
3) We want to make sure that we don't waste your time, or ours, so we would ask your expected annual compensation. (A range is OK.)