CorporateFull TimeToronto, ON
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Position Title: Business Analyst
Location of Work: Toronto
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Contact: Justin Scaini (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You’re not satisfied with the status quo, you want to do more with your talent, you want to have an impact on your community, you are passionate about your work, you work hard, you know how to have fun when the time is right and you want to be a part of a team that are doing things differently, where innovation and insight matters.
ABOUT CAPITALIZE FOR KIDS
Why We Exist
Waitlists are too long for kids to access the mental health services they need, and funding from government, private donors and corporate partners has remained stagnant. Without increases to funding, mental health service providers are struggling to keep up with the increased demand.
Capitalize for Kids exists to build capacity for mental health service providers. We work with great organizations such as Kids Help Phone, The George Hull Centre for Children and Families, Yorktown Family Services and many more to help more kids with the existing funding and staff in the system.
We work with mental health service providers to identify their opportunities to build capacity.
We then work collaboratively with our consulting partners from Bain, The Boston Consulting Group (BCG), McKinsey, RBC, Deloitte and MNP to design solutions to those capacity building opportunities.
Once a solution has been designed, we fund and support implementation. Upon project completion, we continue to work with our beneficiaries to measure outcomes and ensure the solutions continue to perform.
We then create and disseminate comprehensive guides to our solutions, supported by evidence of impact. This enables mental health service providers across Canada to have the tools and knowledge to evolve what they do and how they work.
Capitalize for Kids is looking for a talented Business Analyst who can support multiple projects through data analysis, communications, project management and stakeholder engagement. The Business Analyst will play a critical role across our diverse project portfolio to ensure solutions are data and evidence informed.
The successful candidate will work directly with multiple mental health agencies across their senior management teams and with consulting firms simultaneously. They will be expected to strengthen relationships with all necessary stakeholders to ensure projects are driven to a successful outcome.
- Lead research, collection, analysis and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data for the purpose of proposing and designing capacity building solutions for mental health service providers.
- Lead stakeholder focus groups, interviews, and workshops to gather qualitative data and insight based on project needs.
- Execute data modelling as necessary based on the needs of the project (cost benefit analysis, financial projections, impact projections, etc…).
- Map current state processes and design future workflows based on the needs of the project
- Support the Consulting team with ad-hoc tasks as necessary.
- Understand the mental health landscape and Capitalize for Kids’ role in the sector.
- Contribute to other Capitalize for Kids initiatives such as the Investors Conference and Bay Street Games.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years of Management Consulting experience, knowledge of healthcare preferred
- Proven ability to distill complex challenges down to root issues and manageable projects
- Proven ability to facilitate group discussions and build credibility with new clients quickly
- Proficient in Excel with proven ability to analyze data
- Proficient in PowerPoint with proven ability to deliver structured and compelling presentations
- Strong communication skills across all mediums
- Proven ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to take ownership of work, and be accountable to achieve results
- Ability to work in a fast pace, start-up environment that is constantly changing
- Passion for social impact
WHAT IT’S LIKE WORKING AT CAPITALIZE FOR KIDS
Capitalize for Kids invests in top talent individuals who are motivated to drive meaningful impact. We’re very proud to employ a dynamic team with accomplished and unique professional and academic backgrounds who love working, learning, and laughing together every day. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with professionals who joined Capitalize for Kids from consulting, financial services, technology, business development, event management, non-profit, and academia experiences. Each team member brings a valuable perspective to the table and has been an enabler of Capitalize for Kids’ growth to date. Meet the team by checking out our website through this link.
Our office is located at 208 Adelaide St. W. just steps away from St. Andrew subway station and the Financial District. We work in an open concept, loft-style office that is ideal for team collaboration and camaraderie.
A Day in the Life
It’s cliché, but incredibly true – no two days are alike. By the nature of the work we do, our days vary dramatically depending on the projects we’re working on and where in the process we are. Some weeks we’ll be heavily focused on identifying capacity opportunities with a beneficiary in their office, while other weeks we’ll be working closely with a pro bono consulting partner designing solutions. Other days are spent with our headphones plugged in, cramming through data analysis and sector research. If you’re someone who loves variability in your work and enjoys solving tough problems, then Capitalize for Kids is the perfect fit.
Thank you for your interest in Capitalize for Kids! We look forward to reviewing your application.