Director of Marketing
MarketingFull TimeToronto, ON
We are looking for a talented Director of Marketing to join the Capitalize for Kids team. If you want to have an impact that goes beyond your current daily grind, you should consider joining our dynamic and growing team. Our organization is focused on building capacity within the kids’ mental health space by working closely with community agencies to improve their services – you can become a part of a team that is delivering innovative solutions for some of the most challenging issues facing the youth mental health sector.
The Director is primarily responsible for many of the inner workings of the organization, the digital engagement with our beneficiaries, donors, student challenge participants, consulting partners and overall fan base. You are a critical part of the marketing and communications efforts related to our major events including: the Capitalize for Kids Investors Conference and Bay Street Games. Your technology capabilities are solid, with proficiency in Wordpress, marketing platforms and social media channels. Your facility with the written word is very strong, as you will help support the origination and delivery of marketing campaigns, engaging donors and board members, existing partners and organizational stakeholders. Exposure to financial markets is valuable given many of our stakeholders work on Bay Street and Wall Street – understanding their perspective is essential to our stakeholder engagement. You will work very closely with the Director of Business Development, Community Development Manager and Events Manager to assist with their priorities. Your ability to build strong and meaningful relationships with individuals across the youth mental health and financial sectors will also be an integral part of this role.
Qualifications & Skills
- Graphic Design - proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Excellent copywriting skills with experience in crafting fundraising messages.
- Website management using Wordpress
- Email marketing – experience with ActiveCampaign considered an asset
- Social Media Management with experience running paid campaigns
- Experience with Digital Fundraising Platforms – Classy considered an asset
- Multimedia production skills (video and audio) considered as asset
- HTML/CSS considered an asset
- 2+ years of work experience in financial services sector is an asset
- Self-starter with a resilient attitude.
- Ability to take ownership of work, and be accountable to achieve results.
- A collaborative, team player who goes the extra mile for their teammates.
- Tremendous integrity, professionalism, work ethic, and always doing the right thing.
- Passion for social impact & philanthropy
- Energized by engaging with new people.
Salary: $50,000 - $65,000 (based on experience) plus variable bonus and health and dental benefits
Contact: Quentin Broad, Managing Director (Quentin@capitalizeforkids.com)
Apply: Please submit your cover letter, resume and any other supplementary material you think we should see through this portal.