Marketing and Community Outreach Coordinator
Audience DevelopmentFull TimeToronto, ON
POSITION: MARKETING AND COMMUNITY OUTREACH COORDINATOR
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: FULL TIME
REPORTS TO: AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, JANUARY 20, 2023
Canadaland is an independent news and podcast company consistently producing some of the best audio journalism in the country. Through the ongoing support of our growing community of over 10,000 supporters and a wide range of advertisers and partners, we provide over 150,000 listeners a week with free, high-quality audio content focused on media, news, current affairs, politics, and more. Between our flagship show Canadaland, our broad slate of widely popular podcasts, and our critically acclaimed limited series, our journalism has become renowned in Canada and internationally for telling compelling stories not being told otherwise, for giving voice to a wide array or perspectives and points of view, and for sparking vital conversations about the past, present, and future of Canada.
ABOUT THE JOB:
Canadaland is looking for a creative, detail-oriented multi-tasker to bring their passion, energy, and talent to our growing team. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the audience development and editorial teams to create compelling content, assist in developing strategies, and identify and forge relationships with new partners all in service of growing the national audience for our journalism.
This is a full-time contract Toronto-based hybrid position reporting to the Audience Development Manager.
This is a permanent, full-time, unionized position with benefits — including a health spending account, professional development funds, flexible hours, and paid vacation.
- Assist the Audience Development team on the execution of a content calendar that aligns with marketing plan and seasonal show launches and crowdfunding campaigns.
- Work with the editorial and audience development teams to create original and engaging content across a variety of platforms (i.e. social media, newsletters, audio)
- Produce original short form video content in collaboration with editorial team and help assist in the development of Canadaland’s emerging video content strategy
- Design assets for use across platforms and create larger design briefs for bigger projects
- Assist in the creation and delivery of our monthly exclusive support email and other ad hoc marketing emails
- Utilize SEO marketing strategies and analytics to optimize digital presence.
- Develop and maintain an internal database of national outreach and community partners, identifying and building relationships with complimentary groups and organizations, working with them as necessary to build audiences related to specific issue based reporting.
- Assist in the planning and production of community events including sourcing and securing venues and operational partners, assisting with travel and logistics, and creating event related marketing and outreach materials
- Degree or diploma in marketing, communication and/or graphic design or sufficient relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience in strategic marketing initiatives.
- Demonstrable experience in the strategic use of multiple social media platforms.
- Detail oriented with strong writing, copy editing and proofreading skills.
- Demonstrable capacity in graphic design programs including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and/or InDesign.
- Knowledge of SEO analytics.
- Demonstrable experience in photography and videography a plus..
- Creative and innovative.
- Works well in a fast paced, team environment. Able to juggle multiple priorities in an organized fashion.
- Last but not least, a strong passion for journalism, media, podcasts, and Canadaland’s mission.
Canadaland is dedicated to sharing stories and perspectives of and about the people, issues and events that shape our country, and we encourage respectful discussion and debate to foster greater understanding and empathy.
An integral component of this is Canadaland’s commitment to fostering an organizational culture that brings together people with different races, identities, abilities, experiences and skills. Canadaland is committed to reflecting the diverse communities we serve in the stories we present and also in our workforce. We encourage applications from diverse communities and welcome applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Canadaland encourages applications from qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the hiring manager to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to the accommodation will be addressed confidentially.