Reporter: Western Canada
NewsFull TimeBritish Columbia
BuzzBuzzHome by Zonda is looking for a reporter to contribute to its real estate news brand Livabl through the development of stories based out of Western Canada.
Launched in 2018 as part of the BuzzBuzzHome network, Livabl has grown into an essential digital resource for homebuyers, real estate investors, industry leaders and urbanists.
BuzzBuzzHome by Zonda is a market leader in new residential construction data across North America. Our mission is to improve how consumers discover and buy brand new homes. We care about the accuracy and organization of our information and providing a best-in-class user experience. We’re advocates for transparency in the new residential construction marketplace.
Livabl is a key piece of our effort to expand our audience, create compelling and informative user experiences and help our home builder clients reach new home buyers through expertly crafted content.
You’ll be writing and editing important stories about our real estate partners across Western Canada, with an emphasis on the Greater Vancouver area. You’ll be contributing content on a daily basis, while managing and evolving the site’s relationship with its partners in the real estate community to ensure our stories are the best in the industry.
- Digital media experience.
- A journalism degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong news sense.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- A knack for writing compelling headlines.
- Understanding of the principles and tools that underpin digital content creation and
- distribution, including social media, SEO and data analytics.
- Ability to work with outside partners to achieve mutual goals.
- Top notch organizational skills, with strong attention to detail and ability to manage priorities.
Nice to have
- A passion for real estate and urbanism and understanding of local and national housing market trends.
- An understanding of the nuts and bolts of how a digital media site operates and evolves, including the ability to collaborate with a product team on site optimization and new features.
Does this position allow for remote working?
Absolutely, you may work from wherever is most convenient for you (although we’d prefer you be based somewhere in Western Canada). For those who prefer working from an office, our HQ is conveniently located at the corner of University and Dundas in Toronto, steps from St. Patrick Station, surrounded by great restaurants, entertainment, and cultural venues. We stock our pantry with snacks and drinks, and operate a casual but focused work environment.