Mechanical Engineering Co-op Student
ConstructionTempPort Coquitlam, BC
Brymark Installations Group Inc. (Brymark) is a multi-discipline industrial general contracting company with its primary focus in piping, structural and mechanical system installation for B.C.’s petro-chemical, bulk material handling, power generation, mining, and pulp and paper industries. We also provide a variety of related services, including civil, maintenance, demolition and project management. Since 1983, Brymark Installations has been building its reputation for integrity, reliability and expertise in tackling challenging projects. Brymark is a B.C. owned and operated company and is also proud to be a member of Carlson Construction Group.
We are looking for a motivated individual who is committed to growing their professional career at Brymark while gaining valuable knowledge and experience through a variety of assignments.
- Assist Estimating Team in winning work for Brymark
- Participate in the development of various types of estimates, from conceptual estimates for proposals and early conceptual studies, to detailed estimates for projects
- Review tender documents to determine thescope of work and perform quantity take-offs
- Assist in the maintenance of files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current information on prices from suppliers
- Participate in the management of construction work programs and ensure accuracy and adherence to, plans, designs and specifications of the project.
- Prepare progress reports and risk assessments
- Assist in managing procurement and logistics of projects, including the contracts, variations, direct labour, plant and equipment
- Identify and advise the Project Manager promptly of conditions which may affect the project scope or the client's interests
- Provide input into design processes and/or construction methods
- Review and comment on changes in specifications and plans, work techniques and materials
- Verify that all completed work conforms with applicable codes and project specifications, drawings and standards
- Field management duties as assigned by the Project Manager
- Strong commitment to Health, Safety & the Environment
- Mechanical Engineering Co-op student that has completed, at a minimum, 2nd year of the Engineering program
- Interested in pursuing a career in industrial construction
- Experience with mechanical and piping construction projects (considered an asset)
- Knowledge of cost control, estimating and planning techniques
- Use of computer software: Oracle Primavera P6, AutoCAD, MS Project and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- High personal, professional and ethical standards
- Initiative and sound judgment
- A collaborative, proactive, and results oriented approach
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Sound prioritization/time-management skills
- Ability to identify problems/issues and generate solutions and making sound decisions using standard procedures
The term of employment is 8-12 months beginning in September 2022. To qualify for the Co-op student position, you must currently be enrolled in the Co-op program and continuing your education after your work term.