Sales Manager (Technical Account Manager)
SalesFull TimeOttawa, ON
At BluWave-ai our mission is to deliver innovative AI solutions to accelerate the transformation towards renewable energy. We apply AI software to increase the use of clean energy in smart grids with distributed energy resources. We are also driving the transition to electrification of transportation as the grid becomes the local gas station.
BluWave-ai is seeking a Sales Manager / Technical Account Manager to grow BluWave-ai's AI SaaS software sales. This role will work with members of the core BluWave-ai sales, marketing, product management and engineering teams to help our customers maximize the value they receive from their use of BluWave-ai products.
The Sales Manager / Technical Account Manager will drive the entire sales cycle from prospecting, to closure, to customer relationship management, both presales and during the life cycle of production SaaS revenue generation.
The Sales Manager / Technical Account Manager will own responsibility for achieving revenue targets and will execute this mission by liaising effectively with various customers, and with BluWave-ai’s internal teams. The right candidate will bring to this position: an experience of the structure and workings of deregulated and regulated electricity markets, particularly in the US and Europe and have a track record in enterprise business to business software sales. Experience and understanding of the needs, constraints and the dynamics of the electricity and electric vehicle markets is an asset.
- Develop and execute territorial account strategy to achieve revenue goals.
- Identify, develop, and maintain and grow key customer relationships from utility and fleet operators at the functional level to the most senior operational levels.
- Manage sales activities for assigned territories.
- Develop rolling 90 and 180 plans to grow BluWave-ai presence in identified territories.
- Manage the sales funnel from the early stage leads to secured customers on 3–5-year SaaS contracts.
- Create Proposals/Presentations/Consult with customers/create wins for our products at the customer accounts.
- Become a trusted consultant to our customers on their utility and fleet transitions to adoption of renewable energy assets and electrification of transport.
- Evangelize BluWave-ai products, solutions, and competitive differentiation at industry events.
- 3-5 years track record in sales with preference for the energy or electricity market.
- 2+ years engagement in the energy supply chain, with demonstrable understanding of business issues, challenges, and solutions relevant to both regulated and deregulated players.
- 2+ years’ experience of selling complex, high value, enterprise software engagements, preferably in a technology Startup environment.
- 2+ years with direct B2B sales
- Recent experience, and a genuine interest in the transformation of the grid, particularly in relation to the implementation of DER and transportation electrification.
- Alternatively, 3-5 years in electrical engineering, sustainability engineering, technical or product management role
What You Will Gain:
- Knowledge, skills, and professional networking in one of the most exciting and positively impactful technology domains is an intersection of electrical engineering, machine learning, software development, and data science.
- Startup experience and ground floor opportunities for growth in a team that includes internationally award winning PhD Smart Grid Engineers, Data Scientists, and seasoned business professionals.
- High quality of life and career in Canada's National Capital Region.
- Working on a team with a serious approach towards our work, rather than ourselves, together with fun and random team events.
- Work in an environment where we measure our progress by output. When, where and how much you work is not a measure of our success, it is what we deliver.
- Ability to travel internationally is mandatory.
- Preferred location for candidate is Ottawa, Canada, with optional location in a major Canadian metropolis Canadian city (ie Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, Vancouver).
- Candidates must have the ability to legally work in Canada.
Diversity makes us stronger. BluWave-ai provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, nation origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances.