Applied ScienceFull TimeOttawa, ON
At BluWave-ai our mission is to deliver innovative AI solutions to accelerate the transformation towards renewable energy. We apply AI to increase the use of clean energy in smart grids and microgrids with distributed energy resources, demand response, and transactive business models. We are also driving the transition to electrification of transportation as the grid becomes the local gas station.
We are looking for talented people with an entrepreneurial drive to seize on the ground floor opportunities, grow their careers, and make a positive impact on the environment.
Work closely in collaboration with Engineering, other departments, and with customers, to guide, design, and review control and optimization solutions for modern power and energy systems, including microgrids
2. Your Responsibilities
· Analyze, design, and implement scalable solutions for a diverse range of optimization problems in energy transition particularly electric vehicle solutions
· Create mathematical models of problems to show conflicting objectives, alternatives, restrictions.
· Design and develop statistical, mathematical, econometric and various other scientific techniques for system assessment.
· Conduct data preprocessing, transformation, and perform statistical analysis.
· Drive ramp of exciting new products by developing novel optimization techniques
· Setup testing and validation mechanisms for different operation scenarios
· Prepare documents and presentations to inform and demonstrate
· Effective interaction with all teams to provide cross-functional effectiveness
3. Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
You must have:
· Deep understanding of linear algebra, optimization, statistics and probability
· Strong communications, presentation, and teamwork skills, with the ability to distill complex technical concepts to the level that non-specialists can comprehend
· Demonstrable programming experience in Python
Considered an asset:
· Familiarity with solutions for electric vehicle fleets and/or electric distribution systems
· Familiarity with machine learning techniques, tools, and platforms
· Familiarity with IOT protocols (e.g. MQTT) and cloud solutions.
Postgraduate degree in computer science, engineering, math with pragmatic experimentation or industry collaboration, or BSc with a minimum of two years relevant experience of optimization delivery within a commercial environment.
Diversity makes us stronger. BluWave-ai provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this position.