OperationsFull TimeOttawa, ON
At BluWave-ai our mission is to deliver innovative AI solutions to accelerate the transformation towards renewable energy. We apply AI software to increase the use of clean energy in smart grids and microgrids with distributed energy resources and demand response. We are also driving the transition to electrification of transportation as the grid becomes the local gas station.
We are looking for talented people with entrepreneurial drive to seize on the ground floor opportunities, grow their careers, and make a positive impact for the environment.
- A project manager, who is strongly motivated to build impactful and dependable products based on pragmatic and rigorous application of agile project management methods
- You are a pragmatic innovator who thrives in a fast-paced, disciplined, and team-oriented environment where we strive individually while supporting, learning from, and building on each other's ideas and efforts to succeed as a team.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex technical concepts to the level that non-specialists can comprehend. You are effective at teamwork, and you enjoy mentoring.
2. What you are Responsible for
- Coordinating with multi-disciplinary team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules
- Working on delivering and maintaining project schedules and estimates, and timelines with the technical and product management teams
- Working with the technical teams to continually improve and refine estimations and metrics required to bring features to production
- Ensure that all projects within the program are delivered as agreed, that schedules and budgets are adhered to, and that stakeholder expectations are met.
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information from team meetings and project management software
- Assist technical, product management, and sales teams to develop proposals, training materials, and other documents as needed during various stages of customer acquisition lifecycle
- Obtaining customer acceptance of project deliverables
- Conducting post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements
3. Your Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Active and well-rounded knowledge of project management software and other platforms such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office suite, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Solid understanding of technology and aware of technological advances, able to analyzes technology and understand the end users interaction with the technology.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary project teams of various sizes and see them through to completion
- Strong understanding of formal project management methodologies
- Dynamic, self-starter who follows through with initiatives
Considered an asset:
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in delivering software development or hardware manufacturing projects.
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques for time-series prediction: e.g. regression, support vector machines, and neural networks
- Familiarity with control and optimization of modern power and energy systems.
- Familiarity with cloud computing models, SaaS models, continuous integration and continuous delivery processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is an asset
- Having an MBA (Master of Business Administration) is an asset
- Project management experience in software or hardware development is an asset
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in all aspects project management
4. What You Will Gain
- Motivation to serve to the greater cause of climate change mitigation.
- Knowledge, skills, and professional networking in one of the most exciting and positively impactful technology domains on the intersection of electrical engineering, machine learning, optimization, and software development.
- Startup experience and ground floor opportunities for growth in an inter-disciplinary team that includes PhD Smart Grid and Machine Learning Scientists, recent grads, and seasoned business professionals.
- Competitive compensation.
- High quality of life and career in Canada's National Capital Region or remote work.
- Working on a team with a serious approach towards our work, rather than ourselves, together with fun and random team events.
5. General Information
Level: All experience ranges are encouraged to apply
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Ottawa, ON
Diversity makes us stronger. BluWave-ai provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this position.