Quality Assurance Specialist (Can be remote within Canada)
EngineeringFull TimeOttawa, ON
At BluWave-ai our mission is to deliver innovative AI solutions to accelerate the transformation towards renewable energy. We apply AI to increase the use of clean energy in smart grids and microgrids with distributed energy resources and demand response. We are driving the transition to electrification of transportation as the grid becomes the local gas station.
We are looking for talented people at all levels with entrepreneurial drive to seize on the ground floor opportunities, grow their careers, and make a positive impact for the environment.
Who you are
- You enjoy understanding the customer and to be the first “customer” of a release to focus limited energy on the areas of highest impact on quality
- You gain satisfaction when finding the flaws in a system (both implementation flaws and scope flaws) in the places people forget to consider
- You are organized, methodical, and a guardian of the quality processes
- You find it rewarding to work in teams, and mentor
- Designing, writing, performing, and tracking test plans for our overall system (on-premises BluWave-ai Edge, and BluWave-ai Center as Cloud Services), which includes validation of use cases (including the AI use cases), REST APIs, WebApp User Interfaces, and the system life-cycle
- Develop an automated testing tools for sanity, smoke testing, and beyond for a data-driven product line
- Become the customer and form your own opinions for how things should work by collaborating across departments, especially Product Management, Power Systems, Data Science, Sales
- Working in an agile environment with the overall team to ensure overall quality, including providing functional and design feedback, creating and tracking defects, improving quality processes, improving coverage
- Contributing to estimation, and scheduling of QA activities
- Participate in evolving the team’s processes so we’re efficient, and loving what we do
Your Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- 5 years experience in professional software testing
- Track record for developing a grey-box understanding of complex solutions
- Experience crafting test plans and suites to maximize coverage with limited resources
- Excellent analytic and troubleshooting skills to narrow down the cause of an issue, and reproduce
- Strong ability to work with unknowns and how to mitigate them
- Experience build an automated testing tools for covering end-to-end sanity, and smoke testing
- Experience with testing distributed microservice architectures
- Experience with testing tools for web applications
- Experience with testing Linux based applications
- Experience with testing data driven web applications
- Ability to develop scripts to increase Quality Assurance efficiency
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent
- Clear verbal and written communication and the ability collaborate effectively in a geographically dispersed working environment
Considered an asset:
- Familiarity with IOT communications methods
- Experience with electric utility products, SCADA systems, power-control systems
What You Will Gain
- Knowledge, skills, and professional networking in one of the most exciting and positively impactful technology domains that is an intersection of electrical engineering, machine learning, software development, and data science
- Startup experience and ground floor opportunities for growth in a team that includes PhD Smart Grid Engineers, Data Scientists, recent grads and seasoned business professionals
- Competitive compensation
- High quality of life and career in Canada's National Capital Region
- Working on a team with a serious approach towards our work, rather than ourselves, together with fun and random team events. You will get the opportunity to come up with one!
Diversity makes us stronger. BluWave-ai provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, nation origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Authorization to work in Canada will be required for this position.