Machine Learning Scientist (Can be Remote Within Canada)
Applied ScienceFull TimeOttawa, ON
At BluWave-ai our mission is to deliver innovative AI solutions to accelerate the transformation towards renewable energy. We apply AI software to increase the use of clean energy in smart grids and microgrids with distributed energy resources and demand response. We are also driving the transition to electrification of transportation as the grid becomes the local gas station.
We are looking for talented people with entrepreneurial drive to seize on the ground floor opportunities, grow their careers, and make a positive impact for the environment.
1. Who you are
- A machine learning engineer, with professional experience or equivalent applied research, strongly motivated by building impactful and dependable products based on pragmatic and rigorous application of ML techniques.
- You have the drive to learn, evaluate, and apply a range of data science and ML techniques. The applications are real-time smart grid control and optimization solutions in the context of best scalability, availability, and security principles.
- You are a pragmatic innovator who thrives in a fast-paced, disciplined, and team-oriented environment where we strive individually while supporting, learning from, and building on each other's ideas and efforts to succeed as a team. You have strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex technical concepts to the level that non-specialists can comprehend. You are effective at teamwork, and you enjoy mentoring.
2. What you are Responsible for
- Analysis, design, and implementation of ML solutions to prediction and optimization tasks.
- Develop statistical and machine learning solutions for analysis, data mining, and modeling of IOT data.
- Develop resilient testing strategies to monitor model performance.
- Prepare documents and presentations to inform and demonstrate.
3. Your Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- Experience as a ML scientist within a commercial environment, or equivalent academic research experience with pragmatic experimentation or industry collaborative projects.
- Experience with cleaning, reshaping, exploring, and visualizing data in various formats.
- Strong programming knowledge and skills in Python.
- Familiarity with machine learning tools and platforms such as TensorFlow, Keras, etc.
Considered an asset:
- Experience in developing ML techniques for time-series prediction: e.g. regression, support vector machines, and neural networks.
- Familiarity with control and optimization of modern power and energy systems.
- MSc or PhD in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or related data-intensive fields. Exceptional Candidates with a Bachelor's degree with strong relevant solution delivery experience are encouraged to apply.
4. What You Will Gain
- Motivation to serve to the greater cause of climate change mitigation.
- Knowledge, skills, and professional networking in one of the most exciting and positively impactful technology domains on the intersection of electrical engineering, machine learning, optimization, and software development.
- Startup experience and ground floor opportunities for growth in an inter-disciplinary team that includes PhD Smart Grid and Machine Learning Scientists, recent grads, and seasoned business professionals.
- Competitive compensation.
- High quality of life and career in Canada's National Capital Region or remote work.
- Working on a team with a serious approach towards our work, rather than ourselves, together with fun and random team events.
5. General Information
Level: All experience ranges are encouraged to apply
Position Type: Full-time
Location: Ottawa, ON (can be remote for exceptional candidates)
Department: Applied Science
Position Reports to: Vice President of Technology
Diversity makes us stronger. BluWave-ai provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this position.