SalesFull TimeOttawa, ON
At BluWave-ai our mission is to deliver innovative AI solutions to accelerate the transformation towards renewable energy. We apply AI software to increase the use of clean energy in smart grids and microgrids with distributed energy resources and demand response. We are also driving the transition to electrification of transportation as the grid becomes the local gas station.
BluWave-ai is seeking a Sales Director to grow BluWave-ai's AI SaaS software sales. The Sales Director will report directly to the CEO to help build and expand the company. The Sales Director will work with members of the core BluWave-ai sales, marketing, product management and engineering teams to help our customers maximize the value they receive from their use of BluWave-ai products.
The Sales director will drive the entire sales cycle from prospecting, to closure, to customer relationship management, both presales and during the life cycle of production SaaS revenue generation. The sales Director will manage this in his/her own territory as well as those of other staff in the team.
The Sales Director will own responsibility for achieving revenue targets and will execute this mission by liaising effectively with various customers, and with BluWave-ai’s internal teams. The right candidate will bring to this position: an experience of the structure and workings of deregulated and regulated electricity markets, particularly in the US and Europe and have a track record in enterprise busines to business software sales.
- Develop territorial account strategy as well as program level strategies to achieve the stated revenue goals.
- Develop rolling 90 and 180 plans to grow BluWave-ais presence in identified territories.
- Identify, develop and maintain and grow key customer relationships from utility and fleet operators at the functional level to the most senior operational levels.
- Create Proposals/Presentations/Consult with customers/create wins for our products at the customer accounts.
- Manage Funnel from early stage leads to secured customers on 3–5-year SaaS contracts.
- Become a trusted consultant to our customers on their utility and fleet transitions to adoption of renewable energy assets and electrification of transport.
- Manage sales managers and technical sales engineers for territories assigned.
- Work directly with the CEO on key “house accounts” where required.
- Present occasionally to board members and prospective investors.
- Evangelize BluWave-ai products, solutions, and competitive differentiation at industry events.
- 10+ years track record in sales with preference for the energy or electricity market.
- 5+ years experience of selling complex, high value, SaaS model software engagements, preferably in a technology Startup environment.
- 5+years engagement in the energy supply chain, with demonstrable understanding of business issues, challenges, and solutions relevant to both regulated and deregulated players.
- 5+ years selling SaaS software in international markets.
- 5+ years selling via both direct sales and through regional biz dev reps.
- Recent experience, and a genuine interest in the transformation of the grid, particularly in relation to the implementation of DER and transportation electrification.
- Work experience in product management will be considered an asset.
What You Will Gain:
- Knowledge, skills, and professional networking in one of the most exciting and positively impactful technology domains that is an intersection of electrical engineering, machine learning, software development, and data science.
- Startup experience and ground floor opportunities for growth in a team that includes internationally awards winning PhD Smart Grid Engineers, Data Scientists, and seasoned business professionals.
- High quality of life and career in Canada's National Capital Region.
- Working on a team with a serious approach towards our work, rather than ourselves, together with fun and random team events.
- Work in an environment where we measure our progress by output. When, where and how much you work is not a measure of our success, it is what we deliver.
- Be a key member of the leadership team building one of the world’s premier AI companies for the electricity market
- Given the international portfolio of our customers, preference will be given to candidates with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to travel internationally is mandatory.
- Preferred location for candidate is Ottawa, Canada, with optional location in Montreal and Toronto, Canada.
- Candidates must have ability to legally work in Canada.
Diversity makes us stronger. BluWave-ai provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, nation origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances.