Senior Smart Grid/AI Scientist
EngineeringFull TimeOttawa, ON
At BluWave-ai our mission is to deliver innovative AI solutions to accelerate the transformation towards renewable energy. We apply AI to increase the use of clean energy in smart grids and microgrids with distributed energy resources, demand response, and transactive business models.
We are looking for talented people with entrepreneurial drive to seize on the ground floor opportunities, grow their careers, and make a positive impact for the environment.
- Work closely in collaboration with Engineering, other departments, and with customers, to guide, design, and review AI-enabled control and optimization solutions for modern power and energy systems, including microgrids
2. Your Responsibilities
- Propose technical solutions to customer opportunities brought by product managers and sales engineers
- Analyze, design, and implement solutions to optimize grid operation
- Implement supervised predictors and reinforcement learning control techniques
- Setup testing and validation mechanisms for different operation scenarios
- Prepare documents and presentations to inform and demonstrate
- Effective interaction with all teams to provide cross-functional effectiveness
3. Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
You must have:
- Experience of machine learning techniques, tools, and platforms, including supervised and reinforcement learning
- Experience of convex and non-convex optimization
- Familiarity with solutions for microgrids and electric distribution systems consisting of distributed energy resources, energy storage systems, plug-in electric vehicles, and advanced power electronics
- Strong communications, presentation, and teamwork skills, with the ability to distill complex technical concepts to the level that non-specialists can comprehend
- Demonstrable programming experience in C++ or Python
Considered an asset:
- Experience of solution implementation in the field
- Familiarity with IOT protocols (e.g. MQTT) and cloud solutions
- Familiarity with real-time HIL simulations
- Postgraduate degree in electrical engineering or computer science with pragmatic experimentation or industry collaboration. Exceptional BSc candiates with proven track record of solution delivery may be considered.
Diversity makes us stronger. BluWave-ai provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Authorization to work in Canada is required for this position.