EngineeringFull TimeOttawa, ON
At BluWave-ai our mission is to deliver innovative AI solutions to accelerate the transformation towards renewable energy. We apply AI to increase the use of clean energy in smart grids and microgrids with distributed energy resources, demand response, and transactive business models.
We are looking for talented people at all levels with entrepreneurial drive to seize on the ground floor opportunities, grow their careers, and make a positive impact for the environment.
Who you are
- You enjoy automation, monitoring tools, developing tools to improve efficiency, IT, keeping secure systems, Internet Routing, abstracting complexity
- You gain satisfaction when you’re able to quickly and safely build & deploy, effortlessly recover systems in case something goes wrong, and multiply the productivity of a team with tools
- You are organized, methodical, and a guardian of the operational environment of systems
- You find it rewarding to work in teams, and mentor
- Own the operational life-cycle and strategy of our cloud services, and on-premises edge devices to keep the services online
- Be the prime for operations activities
- Design, develop, and maintain the tools to simplify the life-cycle of our cloud service from build to roll out
- Design, develop, and maintain the tools to manage the life-cycle of our Edge node that is deployed on-premises from build to roll out
- Contributing to estimation, and scheduling of DevOps and operational scope
- Collaborate with the team to drive operations/deployment considerations in features
- Participate in evolving the team’s processes so we’re efficient, and loving what we do
Your Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- 3 years experience administering live production cloud systems with configuration as code tools
- Track record of rolling out releases to production with no customer visible downtime
- IT experience operating production bare metal rack-mount hardware running Linux (our edge on-premises hardware)
- Experience with how to design and operate a deployment topology that can stay in service with node failure, DB failure, region failure
- Experience with multiple best-of-breed monitoring, and alerting tools and their best practices
- Experience with operations of a microservice cloud architecture
- Experience with Docker Swarm and/or k8s and when to use them
- 2 years of development experience with developing Python tools, and Shell Scripting
- Production experience with at least one IaaS Platform
- Meticulous documenter
- Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Clear verbal and written communication and the ability collaborate effectively in a geographically dispersed working environment
Considered an asset:
- Production experience with Microsoft Azure
What You Will Gain
- Knowledge, skills, and professional networking in one of the most exciting and positively impactful technology domains that is an intersection of electrical engineering, machine learning, software development, and data science
- Startup experience and ground floor opportunities for growth in a team that includes PhD Smart Grid Engineers, Data Scientists, recent grads and seasoned business professionals
- Competitive compensation
- High quality of life and career in Canada's National Capital Region
- Working on a team with a serious approach towards our work, rather than ourselves, together with fun and random team events. You will get the opportunity to come up with one!
Diversity makes us stronger. BluWave-ai provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, nation origin, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, or ordinances.
Authorization to work in Canada will be required for this position.