Collection Support Driver - Class 5
Operations (Field)Full TimeCalgary, AB
We are looking for candidates with 3 years of commercial driving experience in a highly physical box truck route who has operated on inner-city routes.
Candidates must be active, highly motivated, and have problem resolution skills. Working as part of our team, you will help us ensure we continue to be the best and most reliable service provider in Calgary.
Collections Driver is responsible for operating a box truck to collect material from multi-family residences and small commercial sites. You would be responsible for:
- Complete daily pre-trip inspections.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness.
- Manage daily route
- Navigating box truck through tight and restricted areas to collect waste material bins to ground level for truck collections. (Mixed Recycling, Garbage, Organics)
- Pushing and pulling 1-4 yard sized bins in order to load them onto pull out trailer
- Hand bombing cardboard and bags into the box truck
- After 3 months, driver is expected to recall route without the support of routing software.
- Make suggestions to improve route efficiency/effectiveness.
- Regularly review and implement all safe work procedures for the job and daily activities.
- Driver is responsible to read and understand company Vehicle Safety Program.
- Driver is responsible to read and understand company Customer Issues Policy.
- Must become familiarized with waste stream composition standards.
Competencies/Requirements for Role:
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Q endorsement considered a strong asset
- 3 years minimum of professional driving experience in medium sized commercial vehicles within the last 5 years. This is non-negotiable.
- Physical ability to carry up to 50 lbs at waist height.
- Intermediate truck maintenance knowledge and experience.
- Clean commercial driver's abstract. Drivers without a clean abstract will not be considered.
Job Type: Full Time