Collections Driver - Class 3 with Q Endorsement
OperationsFull TimeCalgary, AB
BluPlanet Recycling is a leader in the recycling and waste management industry in Calgary, Alberta. Our employees enjoy a schedule that accommodates a healthy work-life balance, and receive competitive compensation and benefits including profit sharing and performance bonuses, paid vacation, dental and health insurance, and more. Our team delivers outstanding service in a professional and positive manner. If you value being part of a workplace culture that appreciates you for going above and beyond for our clients, and you care about contributing to a sustainable future, then we want to hear from you.
We are looking to hire a Full Time Permanent Collections Driver.
Successful candidates will maintain a class 3 license and demonstrate a minimum of 3 years of similar driving experience operating multi-stop routes in both inner city and downtown core; enjoy a high-level physical component related to manually moving collection bins to the vehicle; and display strong communication skills with the operation team while operating in the field; and bring a positive and optimistic mindset to the route every day.
Drivers are responsible to execute a daily collections route in a safe, prompt, and courteous manner. Routes have anywhere between 80 and 100 stops a day. Drivers navigate routes using an app-based routing software to provide real time site information, turn by turn directions, and to log onsite issues.
Please note that this is not a typical driving position; this role can be highly physical at times and requires you to physically move bins from waste enclosures to collection vehicle and that you neatly replace the binds after waste is collected and tidy client site prior to departure. This role also requires working in all types of weather conditions and involves periodic customer interactions.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Complete daily pre/post trip inspections.
- Complete daily collection route in a safe courteous manner.
- Responsible for physically moving bins from waste enclosures to collection vehicle and replacing neatly after material is collected.
- Ensuring client site is left neat and tidy.
- Provide route improvement recommendations on an ongoing basis.
- Regularly review and implement all safe work procedures.
- Support business operations by flexing into overflow routes, and simple shop and yard tasks if time permits.
- Class 3 driver’s license with Q (airbrake) endorsement
- Minimum 3 years’ experience driving commercially in Class 3 vehicle in short haul settings
- Physical ability to carry up to 75 lbs.
- Intermediate truck maintenance knowledge
- Clean commercial driver’s abstract
Compensation and Benefits
- Starting Salary of $52,000/annual ($25.00/hour)
- Guaranteed annual raises
- Overtime available
- Health and dental (3 month waiting period)
- GRSP matching program
- Profit sharing program
- Paid vacation days
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Performance Bonuses