Collection Driver - Class 3Q
OperationsFull TimeCalgary, AB
BluPlanet Recycling is a local leader in the recycling and waste management industry. We are looking to hire a full time permanent collection driver for Roll Off, Side Load, and Rear Load routes.
Successful candidates will maintain a class 3 license and demonstrate a minimum of 3 years of similar driving experience operating multi-stop routes in both inner city and downtown core; enjoy a high-level physical component related to manually moving collection bins to the vehicle; and display strong communication skills with the operation team while operating in the field; and bring a positive and optimistic mindset to the route every day.
BluPlanet Recycling is a certified B corporation with a strong focus on work life balance. Our hours of operation are 7am – 3pm Monday through Friday.
Drivers are responsible to execute a daily collections route in a safe, prompt, and courteous manner. Routes have anywhere between 80 and 100 stops a day. Drivers navigate routes using an app-based routing software to provide real time site information, turn by turn directions, and to log onsite issues.
Please note that this is not a typical driving position; there is a highly physical aspect to the role as you will get out at many client sites to move bins to and from the truck.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Complete daily pre/post trip inspections.
- Complete daily collection route in a safe courteous manner.
- Responsible for physically moving bins from waste enclosures to collection vehicle and replacing neatly after material is collected.
- Ensuring client site is left neat and tidy.
- Provide route improvement recommendations on an ongoing basis.
- Regularly review and implement all safe work procedures.
- Support business operations by flexing into overflow routes, and simple shop and yard tasks if time permits.
- Class 3 driver’s license with Q (airbrake) endorsement
- Minimum 3 years’ experience driving commercially in Class 3 vehicle in short haul settings
- Physical ability to carry up to 75 lbs.
- Intermediate truck maintenance knowledge
- Clean commercial driver’s abstract
COVID-19 Employment Requirements
BluPlanet Recycling remains focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees, contractors, clients and the public as we continue to provide our clients with essential services throughout the COVID-19 crisis.
Accordingly, BluPlanet Recycling requires all employees to participate in our Restrictions Exemption Program that requires proof of vaccination or a negative test result, plus mandatory masking.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salaries starting at $52,000 per year
- Health and Dental (3 month waiting period)
- GRSP Program
- Profit Sharing Program
- Paid Vacation Days
- Health & Wellness Incentive
- Performance Bonuses