AdministrationFull TimeCalgary, AB
As a certified B Corporation, BluPlanet Recycling is a leading waste management partner within Calgary and its surrounding area. Locally owned and operated we take pride in delivering sustainable waste management solutions to residential and commercial properties, while finding ways to engage and support our local communities and charities.
As an organization we prioritize work life balance and mental health. We engage in problem solving through collaboration and project management initiatives. We empower our employees to think critically, work autonomously and come forward with creative solutions. Establishing diversity, inclusivity, and resiliency is what drives our success.
We are currently seeking a full-time permanent Bookkeeping Administrator to support our continued growth. This role is responsible for handling full cycle bookkeeping through QuickBooks including but limited to: running semi-monthly payroll for 40+ employees; year end accounting preparation; managing GST quarterly filings, and full cycle AP and AR. This role will also support our office administration capacity by completing proactive contract renewals and customer file management.
This role is anticipated as a 50/50 split between bookkeeping and administrative support. A successful candidate will demonstrate flexibility moving between bookkeeping and administrative tasks; approach every day with a positive attitude when engaging with change management; is comfortable working in a fast paced start up mentality culture; is comfortable seeking insight and resources to solve complex administrative tasks; and is continuously looking for opportunities to shape and add value to the role.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conducting full cycle payroll in accordance with legislative requirements on a semi-monthly schedule for 40+ employees.
- Process, manage, and execute full cycle AR and AP activities on a bi-weekly basis.
- Complete daily deposits and cheque runs on a as needed basis.
- Complete monthly bank statement and credit card reconciliations.
- Prepare annual T1 fillings and document package for our accountants.
- Create cheque runs and reimbursements on a weekly basis.
- Manage and process quality assurance incentive program semi monthly.
- Manage and respond to payment inquiries and accounting email account.
- Oversee and execute contract renewals monthly.
- Participate in administrative workflow identification and improvement projects.
- Generate customer invoices through TRUX routing software.
- Support HR with administration of COR Certified Health and Safety Program.
- Support business development team with customer management and administrative duties.
Competencies/Requirements for Role:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience conducting full cycle payroll and bookkeeping.
- College or University Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with QuickBooks Advanced Accreditation considered a strong asset.
- Experience with year-end tax process considered a strong asset.
- Proficient use of Excel
- Proficient use of accounting software and online banking.
- Experience in a variety of industries including trucking and/or transportation an asset.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $50,000 - $60,000 per year
Compensation and benefits:
· Health and dental benefits (3 month waiting period applies)
· Annual bonus
· Retirement savings plan (waiting period applies)
· Profit sharing (waiting period applies)
· Paid vacation days
· Gym membership & car-pooling programs
Please note, no walk-in applications allowed due to COVID-19 precautions. Please submit all applications through our online platforms.