Collections Driver - Class 3 with Air Brake
OperationsFull TimeCalgary, AB
BluPlanet Recycling is a local leader in the recycling and waste management industry, and we are looking for positive minded individuals to join our team and help us make a difference in Calgary. Passion for the environment, reducing waste and an excellent work ethic are all required.
We are looking for people with inner-city experience on a unit with a GVW of 14,600kg-24,000kg and for people who have worked as delivery drivers or route drivers, completing 60+ stops in a day.
Candidates must also be active, highly motivated, and have problem resolution skills. Working as part of our team, you will help us ensure we continue to be the best and most reliable service provider in Calgary. BluPlanet Recycling promotes from within, so opportunities to advance within the company are always possible. A work/life balance is important to us, so we operate Monday to Friday, 7 am to 3 pm and do not work overtime or weekends. For those staff members who go above and beyond in their daily roles, there are opportunities to earn a bonus on each paycheque.
Drivers are responsible to execute a daily collections route in a safe, prompt, and courteous manner. Routes have anywhere between 60 and 100 stops a day so previous experience in a similar setting is preferred. Drivers will be expected to become proficient in the use and management of routing software on driver devices, logging and managing daily routes as well as logging customer issues in order to uphold our exceptional levels of customer service.
Please note that this is not a typical driving position; there is a highly physical aspect to the role as you will get out at many client sites to move bins to and from the truck.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Complete daily pre-trip inspections.
· Maintain vehicle cleanliness.
· Complete site collections: most sites require driver to physically move bins to and from vehicle.
· After 2 months, driver is expected to recall route without the support of routing software.
· Make suggestions to improve route efficiency/effectiveness.
· Regularly review and implement all safe work procedures for the job and daily activities.
· Driver is responsible to read and understand company Vehicle Safety Program.
· Driver is responsible to read and understand company Customer Issues Policy.
· Must become familiarized with waste stream composition standards.
Competencies/Requirements for Role:
· Class 3 driver’s license with Q (Airbrake) endorsement.
· 3 years minimum of professional driving experience in Class 3 vehicles. This is non-negotiable.
· For insurance purposes, driving experience cannot be only long-haul.
· Physical ability to carry up to 50 lbs at waist height.
· Intermediate truck maintenance knowledge and experience.
· Clean commercial driver's abstract. Drivers without a clean abstract will not be considered.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $52,000.00 annually
Compensation and benefits:
· Health and dental benefits (3 month waiting period applies)
· Annual bonus
· Retirement savings plan (waiting period applies)
· Profit sharing (waiting period applies)
· Paid vacation days
· Gym membership & car-pooling programs
Please note, no walk-in applications allowed due to COVID-19 precautions. Please submit all applications through our online platforms.