OperationsFull TimeCalgary, AB
BluPlanet Recycling is a local leader in the waste and recycling industry in Calgary.
We are seeking a team focused individual to join our organization as a Driver’s Assistant. The successful candidate will have a passion for environmental and sustainable living and is not afraid of honest day’s work.
Successful candidates will be resilient and committed to supporting the essential service of collecting mixed recycling, organics and waste streams for the Calgary community.
The Driver Assistant is responsible for the supporting the physical collection of waste streams; providing routing and program updates to driver; and actively participate in the safety culture within BluPlanet Recycling.
- Provide program updates to driver based on daily briefing notes
- Provide directions when required by the collections driver
- Physically assist driver in completing daily collections utilizing safe working procedures
- Provide feedback for program and route improvements
- Demonstrate flexibility when managing on-call or last minute collections
- Provide above and beyond service delivery on site
- Understand and manage acceptable material for each waste stream on site
- Develop strong working knowledge internal tracking and documentation software (Trux)
- Document all routing and program issues through Trux
- Liaison with Customer Support Team when dealing with on-site obstacles such as: no access; overflow; contamination
- Actively participate in BluPlanet Recycling’s health and safety program
- Assist in the following activities: Unloading collection trucks; tipping waste bins; washing organics bins; bailing material; bin assembly; maintaining yard and shop standards; any additional duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Capable of lifting up to 75lbs
- High level of physical stamina and endurance
- Demonstration of commitment and reliability
Salary: $38,000.00 - $42,000.00 per year ($18.50/hour - $20.50/hour)