Collection Support Driver
OperationsFull TimeCalgary, AB
We are looking for candidates with 3 years of commerical driving experience in vehicles with trailer who have operated on inner-city routes.
Candidates must also be active, highly motivated, and have problem resolution skills. Working as part of our team, you will help us ensure we continue to be the best and most reliable service provider in Calgary. BluPlanet Recycling promotes from within, so opportunities to advance within the company are always possible.
Light Collections Driver is responsible to operate a daily assistance route which results in waste containers bing brought up (from underground parkades) to ground level for collection trucks in a safe, prompt, and courteous manner.
- Complete daily pre-trip inspections.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness.
- Manage daily route
- Navigating pickup & trailer through tight and restricted areas to pull out wate collection bins to ground level for truck collections
- Pushing and pulling 1-4 yard sized bins in order to load them onto pull out trailer
- After 2 months, driver is expected to recall route without the support of routing software.
- Make suggestions to improve route efficiency/effectiveness.
- Regularly review and implement all safe work procedures for the job and daily activities.
- Driver is responsible to read and understand company Vehicle Safety Program.
- Driver is responsible to read and understand company Customer Issues Policy.
- Must become familiarized with waste stream composition standards.
Competencies/Requirements for Role:
- Class 5 driver’s license with Q (Airbrake) endorsement.
- 3 years minimum of professional driving experience in medium sized commercial vehicles within the last 5 years. This is non-negotiable.
- For insurance purposes, driving experience cannot be only long-haul.
- Physical ability to carry up to 50 lbs at waist height.
- Intermediate truck maintenance knowledge and experience.
- Clean commercial driver's abstract. Drivers without a clean abstract will not be considered.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 annually
Compensation and benefits:
- Health and dental benefits (3 month waiting period applies)
- Annual bonus
- Retirement savings plan (waiting period applies)
- Profit sharing (waiting period applies)
- Paid vacation days
- Health Incentive & Car-Pooling programs
Please note, no walk-in applications allowed due to COVID-19 precautions. Please submit all applications through our online platforms.