Construction ServicesFull TimeConcord, ON
We are currently seeking a site supervisor who can lead a team and ensure our projects are completed safely and efficiently.
- Job type: Full-time
- Typical hours: Monday to Friday, 6:30am to 5:00pm; evenings and weekends during peak season as required
- Salary will vary depending on qualifications and experience
- Competitive benefits package after three months
- Company vehicle provided
- Supportive managers and a great team environment
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of heavy equipment operators and other construction personnel.
- Maintain a safe, secure and healthy workplace by enforcing legislative requirements and company policies.
- Inspect work progress, equipment, and the construction site to verify that safety and/or project specifications are being met.
- Monitor and evaluate subcontractor work activities to ensure quality of work and adherence to project schedule.
- Estimate and requisition construction materials and supplies, and coordinate site deliveries as required.
- Track project progress and identify any risks with the potential to impact budget and schedule.
- Communicate with project management to resolve day-to-day issues or coordinate work activities.
- Recommend personnel actions to management, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
- Maintain accurate work documentation, including daily job reports, site inspection reports, logbook entries, as-built drawings, etc.
- Attend trades, management, and health and safety meetings on site as required.
- Conduct daily hazard assessments, Toolbox Talks, and other mandatory health and safety reports.
- Provide hands-on assistance to workers using heavy equipment or other tools, as required
- Mainly construction sites located throughout the Greater Toronto Area, work at head office as required
- Exposure to health and safety hazards associated with construction sites, such as hazardous equipment and weather elements
- Daily interaction with management
- CSA-approved safety boots required
- Travel and overtime as required
- Lifting and handling of materials, tools and equipment up to 50 lbs., unassisted
- Five years' experience as a site supervisor in earthworks or heavy civil construction
- Solid understanding of materials, methods and techniques used in excavation and grading or sewer and water main work
- Experience operating heavy equipment, including excavators and bulldozers
- Knowledge of applicable construction and Occupational Health and Safety Act regulations
- Ability to read and interpret project drawings and specifications
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to manage priorities and keep highly organized
- Ability to report accurately, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, willingness to help, punctual, responsible
- Valid class G Ontario driver’s licence and clean driver record
Please note that with the volume of responses, only successful applicants will be contacted. Blue Star Construction Corp. is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.