Heavy Equipment Field Mechanic
Equipment ServicesFull TimeVaughan, ON
We are seeking individuals to join our team as Heavy Equipment Mechanics for in-shop and field repairs of heavy earthmoving equipment and commercial vehicles.
- Job type: Full-time
- Typical hours: Monday to Friday, 7:00am - 5:00pm
- Tools and safety boots allowance provided
- Competitive benefits package offered after three months
- Supportive team members and management
Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform work involving electrical diagnosis, hydraulics, powertrain, and engine rebuild.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions to determine required repairs, using engine diagnostic equipment such as computerized test equipment and calibration devices.
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and hand tools.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment and vehicles.
- Test equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- 310T Truck & Coach or 421A Heavy Equipment Technician License
- At least 5 years’ experience working on heavy equipment
- Valid class DZ Ontario driver’s licence
- Clean driver record and CVOR abstract required
- Knowledge and experience with Caterpillar equipment, Mack and Kenworth Trucks
- Welding experience is an asset
Progress Earthmoving Ltd. is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.