OperationsFull TimeFredericton, NB
Beauceron is seeking a business graduate with an accounting designation who will thrive in a dynamic company with rapidly evolving technology.
As the Financial Controller, you’ll be part of a close-knit team where the ‘pack has your back’. (The company is named after a breed of sheepdog from France, so there is a surplus of dog puns!) You will be responsible for working directly with our Chief Operating Officer to manage the financial fundamentals of Beauceron’s business.
Role and Responsibilities
As a small, fast-growing business, Beauceron is looking for a problem-solving certified professional accountant who can thrive in a fast-paced environment. The core responsibility for the Controller is to ensure sound financial fundamentals are followed in running Beauceron’s day-to-day business.
- Perform and manage all accounting operations including payroll, cash management and bank reconciliations, billing, A/R, A/P, GL, cost accounting, and revenue recognition for a high-growth business.
- Guide financial decisions and protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Prepare budgets and financial forecasts by establishing schedules; and collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Prepare year-end review files and liaise with our external accounting firm as required.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Prepare and submit all monthly and quarterly CRA tax filings.
- Manage and comply with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Prepare monthly workers’ compensation reports in all jurisdictions as required.
- Prepare and maintain documentation required for annual insurance filings and renewals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Behaviours
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a focus on communication and the diverse financial reporting and forecasting needs of customers (i.e. the Beauceron leadership team, the Board of Directors, and investors)
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Innovative thinker, the desire to look at new and better ways to improve Beauceron’s internal processes
- Highly organized and focused on results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with numerous, overlapping priorities
- Bachelor's degree in Business with a financial accounting designation
- 3-5 years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with financial reporting
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Demonstrated proficiency with computerized accounting software (Intuit Quickbooks online) and the Microsoft suite of products
At Beauceron, our core belief is empowering people and we try to live that internally every day. To us that means prioritizing personal and professional development with options for conferences and regular mentorship. Our Chief Operations Officer, Kathryn, has regular one-on-ones with each member of the team.
Work in beautiful downtown Fredericton with flexible work hours and time shifting available for days when life happens. We also offer an excellent benefits package for employees and an employee stock option program.
Start date is flexible, but ideally we'd like for someone to join our team as Financial Controller at the end of August.
How to Apply
If this sounds like a fit for you, please apply through the button below.
Be sure to mention your favourite type of food in your cover letter; the Beauceron team often frequents local downtown Fredericton restaurants over lunch.
Beauceron thanks you for your interest. An e-mail will automatically be sent to you letting you know we've received your application. The information you share with us will be subject to privacy regulations found here, and will be stored until Beauceron deletes the information at its discretion.