Senior Product Manager
DevelopmentFull TimeVancouver, BC
Want to join a dynamic, expanding tech startup? Accounts Payable automation is a growing solution domain. Beanworks Solutions Inc. is revolutionizing the world of accounting software by disrupting traditional solutions with its elegant, cloud-based SaaS software, BeanworksAP. We solve the pain of lost invoices, late payment fees and managing paper. We make controllers and AP managers rejoice by automating their manual accounts payables processes, giving them total visibility, control and reduced fraud risk.
Beanworks Solutions Inc. is conveniently located in downtown Vancouver, with easy access to transit and affordable parking. Our smart, diverse team values innovation, accountability and doing whatever it takes to get the job done, and done well.
As a Senior Product Manager you’ll own significant portions of the roadmap, and the requirements for key areas of the product. You’ll work closely with every department in the company, using your skills and experience to drive our product forward and help solve customer pains.
You will love this role if:
- You’re passionate about lean and agile product management and you have real-world experience managing enterprise-grade cloud-based B2B products.
- You can’t rest until you’re up to date on the latest product management trends: Lean Startup, Design Sprints, Customer Discovery, etc.
- You love to work closely with Engineers and Designers, as well as Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success. These groups all love working with you too!
- You have excellent relationship and communication skills. You enjoy talking to customers, collecting their input, translating them into requirements, iterating through the process of delivering them back to customers, measuring the success of each new feature, and repeating the cycle all over again
- You balance your love of the latest and greatest with an equally strong ability to work with your engineering counterparts to prioritize which technology choices and changes will pay off most for the team, the business, and our customers.
- You embrace continuous delivery and know how to work with Engineers to break requirements down into the smallest increment of work that allows the business to move forward, and the customer to receive value, with each and every release.
- You’re an excellent listener with excellent communication skills and the ability to clearly present the “why” first and foremost, alongside the “what” of your product decisions.
- You embrace change, are able to fail fast, learn quickly, and adapt to new challenges.
- Own a portion of the Beanworks portfolio, set product direction, milestones, and prioritization within the vision set forth by the leadership team.
- Connect with internal and external customers to collect insights and needs that inform the product roadmap.
- Champion and nurture data-informed Product Management practices. Ensure that scope and prioritization decisions are made using a clear and transparent prioritization and decision-making process that is backed by data.
- Study the industry and industry trends, and develop innovations that help our customers succeed.
- Study the financial software systems that your team integrates with to identify
- Collaborate with Engineers, QA, Designers and Subject Matter Experts to specify requirements in the form of BDD features and scenarios.
- Work closely with your Design and Engineering counterparts to build features that solve customer problems and deliver value.
- Work with stakeholders across the organization to launch products that customers love, and onboard those customers successfully so they can feel that love!
- Understand your customers deeply, and use that knowledge to inform your Sales and Marketing counterparts how to bring a feature to life in the eyes of the broader world.
- Be a change agent and assist in developing Product Management best practices inside Beanworks.
- Raise the bar. As a Senior Product Manager you are the bar. Coach and mentor other product managers, both junior and senior.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 6+ years of Product Management experience with at least 3 years managing cloud-based SaaS products.
- In depth knowledge of at least two of the following accounting software: Sage 50 (Simply Accounting/Peach Tree), Sage 100 (MAS 90/200) , Sage 300 (ACCPAC) , Sage 500 (MAS 500), NetSuite, Intacct, QuickBooks, MS Dynamics.
- At least 1 year at a B2B software startup <100 people
- A portfolio of successes (and failures) to show. Experience not just shipping product but launching and iterating on solutions to customer problems.
- Demonstrated ability to track industry trends in your space and apply it to your solutions.
- A philosophy around what great product management is. Shareo your role model PMs.
- Exceptional communication skills, with an emphasis on stakeholder management, negotiation, and persuasion.
- Diverse approach to problem-solving, prioritization, buy vs build.
- Ability to demonstrate technical “literacy” -- you can speak engineering, and gain the respect of your fellow engineers.
- Humility together with strong opinions that are weakly held.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to rapidly changing needs.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the year.
Extra Credit Skills & Experience:
- A university degree
- Technical degree, experience, or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable processes and current automation trends
- Experience working with Lean or Agile software development teams
- Experience on systems with a large number of 3rd party integrations.
- Pragmatic Marketing Certifications
- Working knowledge of the BDD process, techniques and tools
- FinTech domain experience