Senior DevOps Engineer
EngineeringFull TimeVancouver, BC
Want to join a dynamic, expanding tech startup? Accounts Payable automation is a growing solution domain. Beanworks Solutions Inc. is revolutionizing the world of accounting software by disrupting traditional solutions with its elegant, cloud-based software, BeanworksAP. We solve the pain of lost invoices, late payment fees and managing paper. We make controllers and AP managers rejoice by automating their manual accounts payables processes, giving them total visibility, control and reduced fraud risk.
Beanworks Solutions Inc. is conveniently located in downtown Vancouver, with easy access to transit and affordable parking. Our smart, diverse team values innovation, accountability and doing whatever it takes to get the job done, and done well.
The Senior DevOps Engineer plays a crucial role in creating and maintaining computing infrastructure serving the product to all of our customers. You, the ideal candidate, will enjoy the challenges inherent in architecting and implementing DevOps solutions for our core products - our SaaS platform, our mobile app, and our .NET desktop software. You’ll relish helping us to build and grow our existing processes, habits and best practices. You’ll feel personally rewarded as you train the rest of the software engineering team on best practices for DevOps and see them grow in their skills and abilities.
You will love this role if:
- You are an experienced Senior DevOps professional ready and able to take the lead in driving DevOps initiatives in a small start-up environment
- You are driven to continuously improve systems and processes
- You are passionate about automation and creating and maintaining “infrastructure as code” in an AWS cloud environment
- You are passionate about building and maintaining zero-downtime Linux infrastructure
- You have superb troubleshooting skills and a propensity to dive deep and resolve problems at their root via simplification and automation
- You treat maintaining secure, reliable systems as a badge of honor
- You enjoy helping teams adopt DevOps best practices including full continuous deployment
- You are excited about designing and implementing great monitoring and logging solutions to help you and the team sleep better at night
- You have real world experience as a DevOps engineer in a distributed Linux environment
- You are comfortable with change, able to fail fast, learn quickly, and adapt to new challenges
- Support and build our cloud computing infrastructure for multiple environments (production, development, staging, performance testing) on AWS
- Ensure that the goals of performance, security, resilience, cost optimization, and operational efficiency are an integral part of all of our projects.
- Recognize and adopt best practices in documentation, testing, security, operational support at scale, and efficient use of cloud resources
- Proactively monitor our systems to identify issues and risks
- Develop appropriate metrics to demonstrate performance at improving operational efficiency
- Perform root cause analysis of infrastructure, process and service failures
- Share on-call rotations with key members of the development team and acting as an escalation contact for service incidents
- Manage system backups and migrations
- Collaborate with the team to evaluate and implement frameworks and tools to help improve the time to market of our products
- Ensure the software development team has the right know-how, tools, and processes in place to achieve the team's goals
- Work with key members of the software development team to evolve our system architecture.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of solid DevOps experience
- Extensive experience with AWS, Azure, GCP or other cloud providers
- Strong Linux administration, networking and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in automation and configuration management with tools and frameworks such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Terraform
- Experience with CI and CD tools such as Jenkins, TeamCity, CodeShip, and CodeDeploy
- Experience configuring logging, monitoring and visualization tools for optimal troubleshooting and alerts (Datadog, New Relic, PRTG, CloudWatch)
- SQL experience (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience installing, configuring and administering Apache / NGINX
- Experience in a 24/7 production environment delivering high availability applications
- Ability to drive educational and training activities around DevOps tools, practices, and standards
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills