Technical Support Engineer
SupportFull TimeVancouver, BC
Want to join a dynamic, expanding tech startup? Accounts Payable automation is a growing solution domain. Beanworks Solutions Inc. is revolutionizing the world of accounting software by disrupting traditional solutions with its elegant, cloud-based software, BeanworksAP. We solve the pain of lost invoices, late payment fees and managing paper. We make controllers and AP managers rejoice by automating their manual accounts payables processes, giving them total visibility, control and reduced fraud risk.
Beanworks Solutions Inc. is conveniently located in downtown Vancouver, with easy access to transit and affordable parking. Our smart, diverse team, values innovation, accountability and doing whatever it takes to get the job done, and done well.
Become our Technical Support Engineer and join our growing team. One of the significant ways we differentiate ourselves from our competitors is by providing an amazing customer service experience. Providing great customer service is essential to the success of our operations. We need someone technical with great critical thinking skills who will apply them to investigating and exploring the issues raised by our Customers. On a daily basis, you will provide appropriate, timely answers to the questions our Customers send to us and our CSM by phone or messages. You will also work on assisting with setup and installation of our solutions. This is shift-rotating position with start time ranging from 6 am to 9 am.
This is an individual contributor position that will work as a member of the Customer Success team, providing technical support to customers and partners, and ultimately drive complete resolution to each service request. If you enjoy engaging with people on the phone and by email and are passionate about providing customers with an amazing customer service experience then this role is for you. Come be a part of building something amazing!
Responsibilities of the role:
- Providing technical and customer support as per company core values.
- Work with Customer Success Manager in resolving technical issues and bugs
- Answering phone, email and in-app requests which are managed through our customer support help-desk in a timely manner.
- Attend and schedule meeting for online assistance and setup.
- Working with the development team through ticket resolution using Jira and the Kanban methodology.
- Updating support materials and maintaining customer support desk. Creating training videos and guides working with our QA department.
- Manage relationships with technical and support departments from our ERP and financial system partners and our clients IT providers.
- You are polite and engaging with our customer with strong organizational and planning skills and the ability to prioritize and work responsibly with or without direct supervision.
- Understanding of internet technologies such as DNS, HTTP, FTP, Firewalls, Proxies, Client/Server architecture, Webhooks, etc
- Experience using Chrome or Firefox Developer Tools to troubleshoot requests.
- Understanding of JSON/XML data structures and RDBMS.
- You apply your strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish rapport to both customers and colleagues while maintaining integrity and honesty.
- Critical thinking and ability to resolve complex situations are key to the success in this role. Advanced Googler who can research for odd error messages or codes and can draw hypothesis around problems.
- You are not a developer but you are able to discuss and give your input on technical issues, the same way you are able to explain technical issues to non-technical people.
- Ability to handle constantly changing flow of traffic: remain productive during slow times, be able to multitask effectively during busy times, exercise patience and professionalism during stressful situations.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of PC hardware and software configurations.
- Love and passion for helping customers and delivering satisfaction even when faced with difficult customers.
- General knowledge/understanding of accounting
- Strong written and email etiquette skills as well as oral communication skills, including the ability to present technical information in user-friendly language.
- A good team player, willing to share with others and work together.
- Knowledge of the software development cycle.
- You are proficient in the Google suite and pick up new software easily.
- You’ve experience working with coding languages such as HTML, CSS, PHP.
- You’ve experience working with Adobe Packages such as Premiere or Photoshop
Education & Experience
- Minimum of College diploma - 2 year Information Technology with Co-op or graduation from an equivalent relevant IT formal education program and two or more years of related and/or progressive experience, preferred.
- 1-2 years of technical support experience
- Experience working for a SaaS company and/or start-up would be considered an asset