EngineeringFull TimeVancouver, BC
This is a local opportunity in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Beanworks is a rapid growth company on a mission to empower accounting teams to succeed. At Beanworks everyone’s work matters and our team is encouraged to take complete ownership of their jobs. People who join the BeanTeam are smart, driven and keen to solve meaty problems with a team of like minded individuals. To be a Bean means you are not satisfied by just meeting a target, but you strive to exceed it. We take time to celebrate our wins together because we succeed or fail as a team - we are not a place for lone wolves. We don’t claim to have all the answers, so all Beans are empowered to challenge the status quo in order to best support the company vision. If taking on these challenges excite you, and you genuinely resonate with the values of ownership, team based success, striving to exceed expectations and have the courage to challenge the status quo, then you may just be a Bean.
We are conveniently located on the edge of Downtown and Gastown in Vancouver, close to skytrain/public transit and affordable parking. We have a generous benefits package with dental, vision, and extended health as well as stock options, a subsidized gym membership, and a fully-stocked snack stash to keep you going every day.
Our engineering team goal is to deliver right-sized, innovative, quality software by collaborating, experimenting, and learning in order to empower and delight accounting teams. Our vision is to automate accounting processes so well it’s indistinguishable from magic.
You will love this role if you embrace our core team values:
- Experimentation: We embrace trying new things and learn from our successes and failures. Even if it doesn’t work, we will learn something that will make us better.
- Continuous Improvement: We strive to get better each day individually and as a team
- Perseverance: We don’t give up easily and use all available resources to solve problems as quickly as possible
- Boldness: We are not afraid to take calculated risks based on our skills and knowledge
- Teamwork and Collaboration: We get better by working together and have fun doing it
- Ownership: We see our bytes through from farm to table
● Collaborating on requirements specification in the form of user stories
● Designing, implementing and testing technical solutions that meet the requirements
● Developing well-structured, maintainable code for web, mobile, desktop applications and APIs
● Pairing with other developers on feature development, code reviews and bug fixing
● Collaborating with the team on evaluation and implementation of frameworks and tools to help with development and quality
● Working with the team to continuously improve process and behaviours through regular reflection and adaptation
Required Skills & Experience
Candidates must be able to work from our Vancouver, BC, Canada office and legally entitled to work in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
● A minimum of 3 years in software development, showing continuous growth
● Strong knowledge of developing:
○ large, integrated systems with many external dependencies
○ web services and APIs (REST)
○ web and mobile applications, end-to-end
● Intermediate experience using a type-safe language
● Working knowledge of software design patterns
● Working knowledge of Linux, Git, Docker
● Working knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
● Experienced in troubleshooting bugs and solving customer problems
● Working knowledge of file systems and the AWS CLI