Software Quality Engineer
EngineeringFull TimeVancouver, BC
Software Quality Engineer
(This is a local role, at our Vancouver, BC, office. Candidates must be able to work from our Vancouver, BC, Canada office.)
Beanworks is an accounts payable automation platform starting from purchase order to payments. Our core customers are accounting teams and we solve for automation. To help continue to fuel our growth, we are looking for a detail-oriented, goal-driven, high-energy Software Quality Engineer to expand our Technology team. You are able to learn quickly and have strong interpersonal skills which allow you to build relationships and transfer knowledge across the team. You remain calm under pressure and are able to balance and evolve quality standards with the current needs of the organization.
Shift Left On Quality
Together with Product Management, and in collaboration with other members of the development teams, create and maintain test features and scenarios that clearly and effectively describe the behaviour of the system. These features and scenarios will serve as requirements for new functionality, documentation of existing functionality, and a regression test suite.
Build Quality In
Help the developers in your team to build quality into their deliverables, coaching and mentoring them to help improve their exploratory testing skills and test automation skills, and helping them to think more like testers and consider quality throughout the development process.
Help developers to come up with exploratory testing plans, pair with developers on exploratory testing during development as appropriate, and perform ad-hoc exploratory testing together with developers as part of the validation process.
Maintain and improve existing test automation framework. Work with developer to add new test automation code.
Release and Regression Testing
Ensure that appropriate risk-based release testing and regression testing is performed. Ensure that release and regression test suites - including both automated and manual tests - are organized and well maintained.
Process Documentation and Process Updates
Ensure that quality processes are well-documented, that the documentation is kept up to date as processes change, that the documentation is easy to find, and that changes are effectively communicated to all impacted stakeholders.
Promote XP and DevOps Culture
Understands Extreme Programming and DevOps concepts and be a promoter to the team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Working experience with source control systems such as Git, SVN, Mercurial
- Experience running and monitoring tests in CI/CD systems
- The ability to balance the need for quality with the need for speed
- Experience with working in Linux or MacOS
- Working experience in an agile development team
- Some experience in using industry standard tools to develop and maintain automated user acceptance test suites
Preferred Skills & Experience
- 3+ years experience in performing quality assurance for a web based software product
- 3+ years experience with cross-browser testing, functional, stress/performance, security testing of multi-tiered web applications
- Understand and be comfortable with Extreme Programming and DevOps practices such as Test Driven Development (TDD), Pair Programming, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD)