Senior Technical Engineer
Customer Success (CSX)Full TimeVancouver, BC
Senior Technical Engineer
Want to join a dynamic, expanding tech startup? Accounts Payable automation is a growing solution domain. Beanworks Solutions Inc. is revolutionizing the world of accounting software by disrupting traditional solutions with its elegant, cloud-based software, BeanworksAP. We solve the pain of lost invoices, late payment fees, and managing paper. We make controllers and AP managers rejoice by automating their manual accounts payables processes, giving them total visibility, control, and reduced fraud risk.
Beanworks Solutions Inc. is conveniently located in downtown Vancouver, with easy access to transit and affordable parking. Our smart, diverse team, values innovation, accountability and doing whatever it takes to get the job done, and done well.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Engineer (support) to join our growing team!
One of the significant ways we differentiate ourselves from our competitors is by providing an amazing customer experience. Providing great customer service is essential to the success of our operations. As a Senior Technical Engineer, a level 2 escalation role, you will resolve complex customer issues by troubleshooting IT and network issues for a successful integration.
You will provide documentation and self-service content for internal and external users. You will manage the task and bug backlog and work closely with our engineers from ticket creation to release. You will install and resolve complex customers issues while overseeing the sync tool inventory. As well as providing top quality requirements, by managing Jira tickets and participating in product and tech dept initiatives. You will manage the relationship with the support department of our partners. You will verify data accuracy as well as maintain and improve the usage of our tools.
If you are organized, are very knowledgable about IT, enjoy engaging with people on the phone and by email, and are passionate about providing customers with an amazing experience then this role is for you. Come be a part of building something amazing!
Responsibilities of the role:
- Troubleshoot integration error through diagnostics of network and infrastructure.
- Resolve complex Sync errors, as well as diagnose and replicate bugs and integration gaps.
- Keep customers on latest versions of tools, as well as latest the technology.
- Handle customer requests via phone, chat, and email.
- Have the global vision to strategically prioritize our backlog and the knowledge to find resolution and workarounds during review.
- Help the product team in successfully releasing product fixes and changes.
- Be the source of knowledge for everything product related and mentor and assist other members of the support team.
- Collaborate with the product team to have a delightful internal and external documentation and other self-serving tools.
- Be a BCM master and a problem solver.
- Provide technical and customer support as per company core values.
- Work cross-functionally to resolve and escalate customer issues.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Listening Skills: Lets others speak and seeks to understand their viewpoints.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- You are knowledgable about: firewall, RDP, Servers, Windows services.
- You are very familiar with Network rules and infrastructures, group policies and Drive mapping.
- You know most hardware and software deployment method.
- Understanding of internet technologies such as DNS, HTTP, FTP, Firewalls, Proxies, Client/Server architecture, Webhooks, etc
- Experience using Chrome or Firefox Developer Tools to troubleshoot requests.
- Understanding of JSON/XML data structures and RDBMS.
- Advanced Googler who can research for odd error messages or codes and can draw hypothesis around problems.
- You are not a developer but you are able to discuss and give your input on technical issues, the same way you are able to explain technical issues to non-technical people.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of PC hardware and software configurations.
- Use efficiently support software and phone queue system.
- Learn all aspects of our software quickly to provide a relevant answer to customer inquiries.
- You are proficient in the Google suite and pick up new software easily.
- You’ve experience working with coding languages such as HTML, CSS, PHP.
- Knowledge of the software development cycle and basic computer troubleshooting.
- Experience with accounting solutions is an asset (preferred)
- Fluency in French (bonus!)
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a College diploma - 2-year Information Technology with Co-op or graduation from an equivalent relevant IT formal education program and three or more years of related and/or progressive experience, preferred.
- 3-4 years of IT support or management experience
- 2-3 years of technical support experience
- Experience working for a SaaS company and/or start-up would be considered an asset
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- French is a bonus