Beanpay Technical Engineer
Customer Success (CSX)Full TimeVancouver, BC
Beanpay (Payment) Technical Engineer
Want to join a dynamic, expanding tech startup? Accounts Payable automation is a growing solution domain. Beanworks Solutions Inc. is revolutionizing the world of accounting software by disrupting traditional solutions with its elegant, cloud-based software, BeanworksAP. We solve the pain of lost invoices, late payment fees, and managing paper. We make controllers and AP managers rejoice by automating their manual accounts payables processes, giving them total visibility, control, and reduced fraud risk.
Beanworks Solutions Inc. is conveniently located in downtown Vancouver, with easy access to transit and affordable parking. Our smart, diverse team, values innovation, accountability and doing whatever it takes to get the job done, and done well.
We are looking for a Beanpay Technical Engineer to join our growing team!
The payments component of our solution is called Beanpay - and we are looking for a process-oriented, energetic, experienced player to manage this service. As a Beanpay Technical Engineer, you will be the payment integration expert. You will get our customers set-up using salesforce, our back-end tool, and the various partner portals. You will be responsible for the proper configuration of the integration working with the Beanpay Success Manager. You will be troubleshooting system issues escalated to you by the CSXT team.
You will work with the technical team of our partners, as needed, to resolve integrations issues and maintain a close relationship with them. You will help with product development, reporting bugs and creating internal and customer facing documentation.
If you are organized, enjoy engaging with people on the phone and by email, and are passionate about providing customers with an amazing experience then this role is for you. Come be a part of building something amazing!
Responsibilities of the role:
- Onboard all clients and set-up received applications within the same day.
- Manage changes in customer accounts (bank changes).
- Ensure proper setup with payments partners.
- Handle customer and CSXT reported issues around our payment module and our integrations.
- Create Jira tickets, work with partners technical teams.
- Answer customers having usage issues.
- Monitor flow of payments, work on irregularities and prevent fraud.
- Improve self serve and internal documentation.
- Participate and bring your expertise to the product and engineering team.
- Improve processes and remove pain points.
- Flexibility/Adaptability: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative. Maintains this standard in all forms of written communication, including email.
- Listening Skills: Lets others speak and seek to understand their viewpoints.
- Teamwork: Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Efficiency: Able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
- You are very tech savvy.
- You use efficiently back-end tool, support software and phone queue system.
- You understand and have worked before with API integrations.
- You learn all aspects of a software quickly to provide relevant answers to customer inquiries.
- You have critical thinking, an ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex situations.
- Able to translate technical info into customer-facing content.
- You are proficient in the Google suite and pick up new software easily.
- Strong organizational, planning & time management skills with an entrepreneurial mindset.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree ideally in technology, business administration or finance
- 1-2 years of customer service experience
- 2-3 years experience in the payment industry
- Experience working for a SaaS company and/or start-up would be considered an asset
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Experience with accounting solutions is an asset