Social Event Technician
OperationsPart TimeWoodbridge, ON
Part Time Social Event Technician
bb Blanc is a Canadian owned and operated live event company, who has been supplying award winning audiovisual/staging production and live entertainment to both the corporate and social event markets since its inception in 2008. With “Creating Event Magic” as our core purpose, bb Blanc has become a leader in our industry, executing over 2500 events each year from small meetings and intimate soirees, weddings to large elaborate productions.
Unmatched creativity and award-winning customer service are what we pride ourselves in and at the forefront of that is our people. Are you someone who is Passionate about delivering Magical, Memorable event experiences? Do you pride yourself on your Professionalism always being committed, showing honesty and Integrity? Do you want to be involved with an effective team that openly communicates and works together to achieve the highest of standards? If so, bb Blanc is the team for you.
We have an immediate opening for a highly skilled, personable technician looking to deliver the bb Blanc magic to our clients at our partner venue The Terrace Banquet Centre. The Terrace Banquet Centre specializes in Weddings, Birthday’s, Anniversary’s, Communions, Baptisms, Gentleman Dinners, Bridal Showers, Fundraisers, and many other events. The Terrace Banquet Centre is classically designed with a modern flare. This is an ideal position for a student looking to supplement their income with steady weekend work or an experienced technician with passion for event technology and high level customer service, looking to join a growing company in a part-time capacity with goals of growing into a full-time or management position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Audio-Visual Technician, your objectives are, but not limited to:
· Under the direction of the Social Production Manager, will carry out daily operational/technical duties
· Responsible for accurate setup, dismantling and efficient operation of audiovisual equipment
· Responsible for troubleshooting and problem-solving equipment and software issues
· Responsible for proper security, storage, transportation and maintenance of equipment
· Responsible for daily client and venue liaison
· Monitors and manages inventory control
· Assists in supervision and training of technical staff/personnel
· Completes all required documentation and reports
· Participates in weekly meetings
· Other duties as assigned by Social Production Manager or Labour Manager
Qualifications and Requirements
Success in this role calls for having a passion for working with clients. The ideal candidate will have:
· Post-secondary education or 3-5 years similar experience
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Self-motivated and excellent customer service skills proven through demonstrated ability to interact well with people and help others.
· Technical knowledge of Audio, Video, Projection, Computer, and Lighting
· Portrays a polished professional image to meet company dress code requirements.
· Heavy lifting will be required
· Willingness to work flexible hours as dictated by Social Production Manager & Labour Manager, evenings and weekends are mandatory
· Valid G Driver’s License with access to vehicle
· Ability to work well under pressure and with several key stake holders at the same time