Truck Driver - Class G or D - (Part-Time)
EQ Part TimeVaughan , ON
Driver / Shop Technician (Part-Time)
Location: Woodbridge, ON
bb Blanc is a Canadian owned and operated live event company, who has been supplying award winning audiovisual/staging production and live entertainment to both the corporate and social event markets since its inception in 2008. With “Creating Event Magic” as our core purpose, bb Blanc has become a leader in our industry, executing over 2500 events each year from small meetings and intimate soirees, weddings to large elaborate productions.
Unmatched creativity and award-winning customer service are what we pride ourselves in and at the forefront of that is our people. Are you someone who is Passionate about delivering Magical, Memorable event experiences? Do you pride yourself on your Professionalism always being committed, showing honesty and Integrity? Do you want to be involved with an effective team that openly communicates and works together to achieve the highest of standards? If so, bb Blanc is the team for you.
The successful candidate should possess good communication skills with 3-5 years’ experience of city truck driving up to a 5 Ton vehicle. Must enjoy working a varied schedule, and available to work days, evenings and weekends. This is a 24 / 7 operation.
Full-Time opportunities will be available to candidates that prove to be a strong fit and asset to the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct inspections of the vehicle at the beginning and end of the shift and report any problems or damage to management
- Loading and unloading of equipment at shop and delivery sites
- Conduct delivery and pick-up of equipment to indicated sites
- Ensure equipment being picked-up / delivered matches paperwork
- Complete a daily fueling, truck log and submit reports of mileage covered at EOD
- Observe and report equipment or mechanical failures immediately
- Serve as a brand advocate and ambassador in every interaction with internal / external clients and the public
- Comply with all DOT and in-house regulations and rules
- Assist with shop and other duties as assigned by manager
Qualifications and Requirements
- Valid G or D driver’s license
- *Must* have a clean driver record
- Must be 25 years or older
- Must provide a current driver’s abstract
- Must provide and wear own safety shoes
- 3-5 years’ experience city driving up to a full 26’ 5-Ton truck (only candidates with experience will be considered)
- Available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays. This is a 24 / 7 operation and shifts will vary.
- Good English written and verbal communication skills
- Customer service focused & punctual
- Shop duties as assigned when driving responsibilities are lite
- Strong problem-solving skills & computer literacy
- Able to lift/move up to 50 lbs
- AV Industry experience considered an asset
- Forklift Operation Certification will be considered an asset
- WHMIS and 1st Aid certification an asset
- Shipping and receiving experience an asset