HOPart TimeVaughan , ON
Hours of work: 9am to 1pm Monday to Friday
bb Blanc is a Canadian owned and operated live event company, who has been supplying award winning audiovisual/staging production and live entertainment to both the corporate and social event markets since its inception in 2008. With “Creating Event Magic” as our core purpose, bb Blanc has become a leader in our industry, executing over 2500 events each year from small meetings and intimate soirees, weddings to large elaborate productions.
Unmatched creativity and award-winning customer service are what we pride ourselves in and at the forefront of that is our people. Are you someone who is Passionate about delivering Magical, Memorable event experiences? Do you pride yourself on your Professionalism always being Committed, showing Honesty and Integrity? Do you want to be involved with an effective Team that openly Communicates and works together to achieve the highest of standards? If so, bb Blanc is the team for you.
We have an immediate opening for a General Accountant. The position holder will be responsible for working with the Director of Finance to help fulfil its financial accounting, reporting, general accounting, daily bank reconciliation and employee expense management. The successful applicant is a driven individual who is willing to learn and grow within our company. In addition, the successful applicant must have a minimum of 3 years of solid Accounts Payable/Receivable experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for sales and purchase ledger accounting:
- Accounts Receivable including billing, payment receipts, banking, and collection efforts
- Accounts Payable including managing vendor invoices, payments, and reconciliations.
- Recording company transactions in the accounting software (currently Sage50)
- Effectively communicate with vendors, customers, and other departments to resolve all AP inquiries and discrepancies
- First point of contact with vendors and customers through management of the general email boxes
- Accurately process and review all accounts payable transactions
- Prepare/process all payment runs per company payment schedule
- Accurately post all incoming payments to the customer accounts, send out payment receipts and invoices
- Weekly AR follow-up and collections
- Daily and monthly bank reconciliations
- Administration and reconciliation of the expense management system and corporate credit card portal
- Month-end general ledger analysis and journal entries as required
- Prepare management reports as required
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Finance
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Knowledge of processing AP & AR transactions is required
- Experience with SAGE 50 is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and data entry skills
- Excellent time management
- Attention to detail/accuracy
- Can work with little supervision, self-starter