Human Resources Manager
HOFull TimeVaughan, ON
bb Blanc is a Canadian owned and operated live event company who has been supplying award winning audiovisual/staging production and live entertainment to both the corporate and social event markets since its inception in 2008. With “Creating Event Magic” as our core purpose, bb Blanc has become a leader in our industry, executing over 2500 events each year from small meetings and intimate soirees, weddings to large elaborate productions.
Unmatched creativity and award-winning customer service are what we pride ourselves in and at the forefront of that is our people. Are you someone who is Passionate about delivering Magical, Memorable event experiences? Do you pride yourself on your Professionalism always being Committed, showing Honesty and Integrity? Do you want to be involved with an effective team that openly Communicates and works together to achieve the highest of standards? If so, bb Blanc is the team for you.
We have an immediate opening for a Human Resources Manager. The candidate’s role will guide and manage Human Resource services, policies, and programs in areas including performance management, career and succession planning, recruitment, recognition, retention, employee relations, policy interpretation and deployment, compensation, compliance, and safety. Leads the implementation of people-related initiatives that provide an employee-oriented and high-performance culture that contributes to the organization-wide business plan and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Partner with leaders to manage employee performance to policies, procedures, and programs.
· Oversees integrated talent management and succession planning processes to ensure talent is properly identified and assessed.
- Coaches managers on how to write and deliver effective performance reviews.
- Evaluates talent potential to determine strengths and developmental gaps.
- Educates managers on legal practices, acceptable workplace behaviors and appropriate counseling methods.
- Participates in high level disciplinary action and terminations decisions.
- Partners with labor relations counsel.
- Participates and represents the organization during investigations.
Engagement and Retention
- Identifies employees to participate in career pathing to enhance readiness for job opportunities.
- Encourages recognition and acts as a resource for managers and employees.
- Utilizes injury report to recommend safety awareness and solutions.
- Promotes company benefits and initiatives through multiple communication venues including in person meetings, conference calls, webinars, emails.
- Effectively leads change management for company initiatives.
- Conducts employee focus groups to discuss successes and identifies areas of improvement.
- Analyzes separation reasons to understand trends and solve for actionable issues and decrease turnover.
- Conducts monthly meetings with Sales and Operations Leaders on employee metrics to ensure year over year data points are aligned with regional goals.
Training and Development
- Promotes a high-performance culture that encourages ongoing self-development.
- Advises employees on career pathing opportunities that meet the needs and goals of both the organization and the employee.
- Partners with Sales and Operations to identify training needs based on business needs
- Facilitates training courses, as needed.
- Reviews workers’ compensation injuries and partners with leaders and the Safety department to solve for issues.
- Performs annual updates and review of the company Health and Safety Board.
- Manages and oversees the company Joint Health and Safety Committee to ensure compliance
- Conducts annual review and update to Employee Handbook
- Updates company compliance and policies as required
Recruitment and Selection
- Educates leaders on staffing guidelines.
- Reviews job additions and replacements for adherence to staffing guidelines.
- Leads annual review of staffing and ensures staffing adjustments are made, if needed.
- Partners with Leadership to identify promotable and high potential employees for internal mobility.
- Interviews candidates for leadership positions to assess fit into culture and role.
- Supports organizational change that includes job competency evaluation, change management, communication, and project plans. Partners with Leadership on salary recommendations based on bb Blanc salary structure.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Human Resources or related field
- 3+ years experience in Human Resources in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development
- General knowledge of various employment laws, regulations and practices
- Strong base of HR technical knowledge
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills.
- Ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities.
- An excellent listener and communicator with an approachable style.
- Ability to analyze situations when making decisions
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certifications a plus.