Technical Labour Manager
HOFull TimeVaughan, ON
bb Blanc is a Canadian owned and operated live event company, who has been supplying award winning audiovisual/staging production and live entertainment to both the corporate and social event markets since its inception in 2008. With “Creating Event Magic” as our core purpose, bb Blanc has become a leader in our industry, executing over 2500 events each year from small meetings and intimate soirees, weddings to large elaborate productions.
Unmatched creativity and award-winning customer service are what we pride ourselves in and at the forefront of that is our people. Are you someone who is Passionate about delivering Magical, Memorable event experiences? Do you pride yourself on your Professionalism always being Committed, showing Honesty and Integrity? Do you want to be involved with an effective team that openly Communicates and works together to achieve the highest of standards? If so, bb Blanc is the team for you.
The Technical Labour Manager will own the strategic deployment approach with a focus on quality, consistency, best practice implementation and team member deployment across the company’s corporate and social event staffing. Additionally, this position will drive a consistent approach to hiring, training, and scheduling, with a focus on optimizing the customer experience and establishing core standard processes and expectations for our field teams. The Technical Labour Manager is responsible to lead, manage and hold accountable the bb Blanc technical team responsible for all set ups, operates and dismantles of events.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Schedule full-time, part-time, and freelance personnel in accordance with business needs.
- Contribute to and implement overall business strategies related to developing additional labour broker relationships while negotiating preferential pricing plans on behalf of the company.
- Manage centralized technical skill identification, scheduling, and timekeeping and associated performance metrics.
- Manage technical staff – time off requests, compensation and performance reviews.
- Implement hiring, onboarding and training practices consistent with recruiting and HR guidance
- Work closely with the Production Team to maximize profitability in accordance with monthly labour targets.
- Attend and actively participate in regular production meetings to assist with maximizing use of full-time staff members prior to hiring part-time employees or utilizing 3rd party contractors.
- Ensure service and safety standards are at or above bb Blanc expectations
Reporting, Systems and Data Analysis
- Develop and implement approach to standardize and improve reporting, KPIs and other deliverable information to the field to improve on all aspects of labour management and performance measurement so that better recommendations and decisions can be made.
- Be a subject matter expert for all workforce related reporting.
- Direct the workforce to use all scheduling systems, tools and processes effectively.
- Responsible for cost control on all labour booked, and accurately track actual labour costs and totals to support accounting accruals
Leadership and People Development
- Execute organization structure that results in effective delivery of services
- Manage staff to support growth of the business and accomplish the organizational goals
- Provide focused and continued coaching to develop the skills of all technical staff
- Develop and manage training of all technical staff, including development of training models within each category and user manuals to support training
Qualifications and Requirements
· Minimum 3 years of related experience, preferably in audio visual/event management industry
· Excellent people leadership, coaching, interpersonal and employee engagement skills
· Strong organizational leadership skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Superior analytical acumen
· Computer proficient, with solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and data analysis skills
- Willingness to work flexible hours and to travel as needed
- Other duties as assigned