Freelance Wedding DJ/MC
(Starting from $250 and up / show, based on experience)
bb Blanc is a Canadian owned and operated live event company, who has been supplying award winning audiovisual/staging production and live entertainment to both the corporate and social event markets since its inception in 2008. With “Creating Event Magic” as our core purpose, bb Blanc has become a leader in our industry, executing over 2500 events each year from small meetings and intimate soirees, weddings to large elaborate productions.
Unmatched creativity and award-winning customer service are what we pride ourselves in and at the forefront of that is our people. Are you someone who is Passionate about delivering Magical, Memorable event experiences? Do you pride yourself on your Professionalism always being Committed, showing Honesty and Integrity? Do you want to be involved with an effective team that openly Communicates and works together to achieve the highest of standards? If so, bb Blanc is the team for you.
We have immediate openings for Professional Wedding DJ / MC’s with 5+ years of wedding experience to join our team. This is an ideal position for a personable customer service focused individual with a passion for entertaining people and making lasting memories for their special events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Bookings: The majority of weddings will be on Friday to Sunday, most during the summer and fall. Once the wedding is confirmed and details have been passed on, proper Playlist execution of desired music and video content becomes the DJ’s responsibility.
· Bride Management: Content and agenda for the wedding will be received by the Detailer, reviewed by the Social production manager and passed to the scheduled DJ on the Tuesday before the event. For the weddings which the DJ accepts the DJ will then be responsible for further confirming the song selection and agenda with the bride for any last-minute changes via courtesy call on the Wednesday before the event.
- The Reception: DJ will be trained on the use of bb Blanc equipment. The DJ will be responsible for testing to ensure proper setup despite bb Blanc technicians executing the initial set. The DJ will then be responsible for event execution consisting of minor switching / and lighting control through the use of light jockey and emceeing the wedding when required and agreed upon. The DJ will lead dances and events including but not limited to bridal party announcements, first dances, dinner announcements, and more. After the event, the DJ is to assist technician with minor details of dismantle until their contracted finish time has been reached
- Leadership: Ability to coordinate the reception based on the plan. Finding bride and groom to keep agenda on schedule. Ability to work in high stress environment. The DJ essentially becomes the leader and coordinator at the reception.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5 + years’ experience as a Wedding / Private Event DJ / MC
- Strong MC’ing abilities and comfortable with all wedding formalities (Introductions, announcements etc.)
- Self-motivated with excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact well with people and help others
- Available to respond to emails and phone calls promptly to both management and client
- Available to work weekends (Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays) Shifts are generally 4pm-2am
- Detail oriented with strong problem-solving skills and punctual
- Professional at all times while preforming in terms of song selection, language, dress code, and actions.
- Basic technical skills are required, but all can be easily learned. This includes but is not limited to: Microsoft Word, Word Press, PowerPoint, PCDJ, I-Tunes, basic wireless microphone, basic mixer, Mac computer, speakers, Light Jockey, and basic switching. You will also be trained on all of these necessary skills.
- Along with your resume we ask that you send a Mix of some of your past work as well as a current headshot. We will be reaching out and contacting those who match our requirements.